Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Vintage Fords

Just wondering if anyone is into Vintage Fords.
Post pics and tell some stories.

Last edited by mr smith; 23-10-2011 at 10:37 PM.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2008, 10:18 PM   #2
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My father in law has a "C" cab A model tray truck made to look like a tow truck. All original except for 12v starter.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Plenty would like them, few will own them I'm guessing. I saw a couple of Model T's running at the Mount Tarrengower hillclimb last weekend, along with a V8 race car.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #4
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Dont have one but have some tools for T Fords. Have a hand operated valve cutter, and side valve , valve spring collet removers.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 10:58 PM   #5
Thom

at my house ther are a couple first is my dads 1928 A model with a 351 clevo in it

My 1937 ford pick-up with a 4.0L in it

and the last one well it isnt really vintage but it's still old is my mums 1958 customline with a 351 clevo in it

and mum and dads cars together

on i need to get a couple of photos of is my grand fathers un-restored 1931 A model town sedan
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #6
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Top shot of the Model A launching. Some nice rigs there Thom.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #7
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My uncle has a whole lot on his farm. Complete running models are-

'34 V8 Coupe
'32 Roadster
'32 Coupe
'39 Delux V8 Sedan
'46 Sedan
'48 Jailbar.

And a s. load of parts

They've been sitting for the past 10 or so years, I'm slowly repairing/restoring the 46 sedan. I'm doing my best to make sure they won't rot away or get butchered by hot rodders haha.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 07:27 AM   #8
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo
get butchered by hot rodders haha.
What erks me, and this isnt an attack you you smoo firstly casue your actuly oing somthing with them and secondly becasue you haha'd LOL

But when you see some tin in a paddok you go and see the owner of said paddock and ask about what ever it is he has decomposing under the trees and he asks you your planing to do with it, after you tell him you want ot rod it the gets short and the conversations over, so then a car that may one day see the street again is left to rot. as in Most cases rodders will take somthing on long after a restorer has decided its to far gone. Or the worst thing is when farmer brown has told you its not for sale if its getting rodded and a few eeeks later it gets sold to sim's to be crushed and turned in to new cars :

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #9
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
What erks me, and this isnt an attack you you smoo firstly casue your actuly oing somthing with them and secondly becasue you haha'd LOL

But when you see some tin in a paddok you go and see the owner of said paddock and ask about what ever it is he has decomposing under the trees and he asks you your planing to do with it, after you tell him you want ot rod it the gets short and the conversations over, so then a car that may one day see the street again is left to rot. as in Most cases rodders will take somthing on long after a restorer has decided its to far gone. Or the worst thing is when farmer brown has told you its not for sale if its getting rodded and a few eeeks later it gets sold to sim's to be crushed and turned in to new cars :
Yeah, we all suffer that, rodder or not. I was talking to a guy last Friday who has a factory 302W, 4 spd silver fox XW panel van that has all the GS bits. It is rotting into the grass and I want to buy it and restore (reshell) it but he's 'gonna do it up one day' so he won't part with it.

Aaaargh!
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 08:49 PM   #10
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti

Oh yeah I agree with you on that one. I should have mentioned the cars I listed above are all complete and original, that just need some TLC to get em immaculate, as opposed to a complete write off in need of hundred of hours work. I'm just not a fan of messing around with a tidy, original piece of kit, a bit of history I suppose.

BTW Thom you should send those pics and description into Australian Muscle Car.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #11
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Here is a photo of the pair of Model T's at Mount Tarrengower

http://gallery123720.fotopic.net/p54551542.html
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 12:01 AM   #12
Thom

here is another one that was picked up today, its the remains of a 1937 ford that was a old speedway car it only made it to the first lap or its first race before it was written of then it was dragged back to the owners home and had been sitting in the same spot since the 60s

Old 03-11-2008, 11:48 AM   #13
Thom

which pics from my first post or the second one?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #14
S/P BLUTE
FPV UTE

Here is my 1914 model T tourer ......imported it from Oregon USA early this year ........it's one scarry car to drive
FPV SUPER PURSUIT BF II #0096 :evil3:
S/P BLUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2008, 06:15 PM   #15
Thom

T's are great fun planetry gearbox, no front brakes, 45 mph top speed and all the mod cons!!!!