Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Default Mother gets 5-year-old son too drunk to walk or talk

Further proof that there are degenerates among us who should NOT be having children...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nat...-1225826103320

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Oxygen thief. : : : Gee, these kind of stories are getting more frequent, and that really annoys the hell out of me, and there is nothing we can do.
gossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep and she got off - and IMHO therein lies the problem - no punishment and therefore obviously our justice systems sees it as only a minor offence therefore others will follow.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #4
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB076
Yep and she got off - and IMHO therein lies the problem - no punishment and therefore obviously our justice systems sees it as only a minor offence therefore others will follow.
Its a catch 22 for courts. A normal person would be so ashamed of themselves that a dressing down by a magistrate would be enough to stop them from ever being so blatently neglegent with their child in the future. However in some case the offenders are below the mental/emotional thershold for genuine change or understanding. A court cant cure stupid.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #5
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
Its a catch 22 for courts. A normal person would be so ashamed of themselves that a dressing down by a magistrate would be enough to stop them from ever being so blatently neglegent with their child in the future. However in some case the offenders are below the mental/emotional thershold for genuine change or understanding. A court cant cure stupid.
I was thinking the same thing when reading the article. Harsher penalties wont have an effect on people who don't care about the penalties to begin with.
Especially after reading this, it sounds as though this is perfectly normal in her mind.
Quote:
Kylie Eastwood told police she "just wanted to have a drink with her son because he likes his alcohol"
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #6
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB076
She didn't just 'get off' the charge... She was handed a Suspended Sentance... (which essentially is getting off)...

But, she'd already received 2 x Suspended sentances for previous charges...

I thought the idea of a Suspended sentance was that if you do break the law again (and not necessarily the one you broke last time), then you get hit with the supsended sentance, and the NEW charge also...

Suspended sentance means no fine, no conviction, or ANYTHING...

So now she has 3 x suspended sentances... when are they gonna lock this crazy ************ up...??

At least the poor kid isn't in her care anymore, and that can only be good for him... If you read the quotes in today's Herald Sun its enough to make you sick...

Anyways, I could go on for days about our RIDICULOUS system in the courts, and the laws... but what is the point...

In Victoria, its the state where you do what you want, and get away with it... Simple as that...
*(Except speeding - don't you dare to 3km over the limit, we will bury you here in VIC for that...)*

But get your 5yr old son ****ed... no dramas... all good...
Old 03-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #7
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Bring back public Lynching!, its the only way to stop the spread of this kind of scum!! :
Old 03-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #8
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone else think we need the death penalty again?
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #9
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that kid will be able to drink anyone under the table by the time he's an adult
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #10
LTDHO
The one and only

"Have you had 5 shots or 6? In all the confusion, I have lost count. So you have to ask yourself a question, Do I feel Sober? Well do ya?"
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #11
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This just proves we are heading into a more and more depressingly stupid future

Has anyone seen the movie Idiocracy??

Last edited by Fev; 03-02-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 03:01 PM   #12
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've seen it.
Run, the Bogan plague is spreading at an alarming rate.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #13
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting.

Mother gets her 5 year old drunk - nothing happens...

Mother drives at 103km in a 100km zone - fine arrives in her mailbox before she even gets home...

Spastic at best...
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #14
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXR6
Interesting.

Mother gets her 5 year old drunk - nothing happens...

Mother drives at 103km in a 100km zone - fine arrives in her mailbox before she even gets home...

Spastic at best...
That's it. It seems the system is only interested in getting more money from us for 1k over the limit, yet arn't willing to do anything about something like this where a mother is getting a 5 year old plastered. 44% ethanol on a brain that is still developing, not to mention the effect on his tiny liver.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #15
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw this online like hours earlier to when this was posted...

Have thought about it, and all I can say is that she got off far too lightly.
Young bodies are simply not designed to take in that much alcohol.

The system sucks.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #16
Chopped
as in chopped

She is far below "bogan" level.

She is scum, slap her.
(she needs to be fixed as well)
Old 03-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #17
LOWBA6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I read about this earlier, i cant believe how stupid some people can be, it really amazes me.....
LOWBA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:04 PM   #18
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just highlights the enormous social and welfare issues we have in our communities....

Old 03-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #19
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Moe Women.. Enough said, i wish i could say I'm surprised.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #20
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Moe Women.. Enough said, i wish i could say I'm surprised.
Mate that's silly. Every country town could be painted with the same brush if you so desired. If it happened in Ballarat, Bendigo, Shepparton, Geelong or wherever, you could all attribute it to locals of that area, and not some scumbag individual. Sure Moe isn't the nicest town in Vic, but I could think of MANY regional SA towns that make Moe look like South Yarra or Toorak in comparison, both aesthetically and with respect to the percentage of bogans and unsavoury individuals.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2010, 11:21 AM   #21
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
Sure Moe isn't the nicest town in Vic, but I could think of MANY regional SA towns that make Moe look like South Yarra or Toorak in comparison, both aesthetically and with respect to the percentage of bogans and unsavoury individuals.
Like Adelaide

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #22
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

That is absolutely disgusting. What a disgraceful individual! What happens to the kid(s)? How the hell can they know she won't reoffend? The magistrate didn't want to jail her because of the effect it will have on her children! The effect will be good, she doesn't deserve to have children!
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #23
gtfpv
GT

whats worse ??? the mother or the courts . ?? did i read that she gets another chance to try and kill her son.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #24
zdcol71
zdcol71

My 2 cents for what it is worth, ...it didn't take long in this thread for condemnation and lynching (not to mention the obligitory "death sentence"), to raise their oft seen heads.
I am sure nobody actually knows anyone like this woman hey?
I would not ,for a moment, condone the evil that has probably been visited on this kid, but this is a perfect example of the need to help ,if not this particular woman,then many others suffering from the sort of social degeneration that lets people think this kind of behaviour is acceptable.
Lynching her or locking her up for life won't cure this madness, so a little rationale before the thread gets too off track, although unfortunately, it didn't take too long to get the blah blah blah..103kph in 100 zone comparison.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #25
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdcol71
didn't take too long to get the blah blah blah..103kph in 100 zone comparison.
That's the point. YOu can get fined for being 3 k's over, but you put your child at risk, then you get a slap on the wrist. She already said he likes his alcohol. Has she done this before or was he born with a dependancy to alcohol. Draw your own conclusions.

You can lose all your points and then be banned from driving. She's been warned before. Should she be banned from parenting?
Old 03-02-2010, 09:04 PM   #26
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
That's the point. YOu can get fined for being 3 k's over, but you put your child at risk, then you get a slap on the wrist. She already said he likes his alcohol. Has she done this before or was he born with a dependancy to alcohol. Draw your own conclusions.

You can lose all your points and then be banned from driving. She's been warned before. Should she be banned from parenting?
No bucknaked, that really isn't the point.
You have quoted half a sentence of mine out of context, there is no comparison between accumulating points for minor traffic infringements and the content of the original post.
This is in the "non ford related" section of the forum, and has nothing to do with comparisons with other driving related emotion.
It's a tragic story that would be better addressed without recourse to car related logic.(IMO. only)
Old 04-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #27
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No bucknaked, that really isn't the point.
You have quoted half a sentence of mine out of context, there is no comparison between accumulating points for minor traffic infringements and the content of the original post.
This is in the "non ford related" section of the forum, and has nothing to do with comparisons with other driving related emotion.
It's a tragic story that would be better addressed without recourse to car related logic.(IMO. only)
but you said about 103 in a 100 after it was mentioned. In conte t or not. Maybe you shouldn't have made a reference to it.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #28
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
My 2 cents for what it is worth, ...it didn't take long in this thread for condemnation and lynching (not to mention the obligitory "death sentence"), to raise their oft seen heads.
I am sure nobody actually knows anyone like this woman hey?
I would not ,for a moment, condone the evil that has probably been visited on this kid, but this is a perfect example of the need to help ,if not this particular woman,then many others suffering from the sort of social degeneration that lets people think this kind of behaviour is acceptable.
Lynching her or locking her up for life won't cure this madness, so a little rationale before the thread gets too off track, although unfortunately, it didn't take too long to get the blah blah blah..103kph in 100 zone comparison.
So what do you propose should happen to her? In my opinion we as a nation have become to soft (We have become too focussed on assisting the guilty and ensuring that we dont infringe on their rights - rather than having any concerns for the victim) The child in this case has his entire life ahead of him - without being able to predict the future - the chances of him staying out of the juvenile justice system wouldnt be good (how could it with the upbringing he has received so far) The judge would have known this but decided to do nothing to give the kid a chance,

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2010, 11:37 AM   #29
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

You guys do realize that this and worse happens every day in every town and city don't you?

Only difference here is that this incident has been latched onto by the media.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2010, 12:13 PM   #30
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and that makes it right ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
You guys do realize that this and worse happens every day in every town and city don't you?

Only difference here is that this incident has been latched onto by the media.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post