Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-03-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
sludge
Starter Motor

Question Airbag error code

Could anybody please let me know what error code 18 is on AU111 airbag light and how to reset it if possible?

sludge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2006, 12:53 PM   #2
quest

Think its a fault with the passenger pretensioner
quest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #3
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

i had what i thought was code 28 ( not 18 though ) , and that ended up being the pre-tensioner plug under the seat just needed pressing tegether better . originally i was getting 2 flashes / then a pause / then 8 flashes. It flashed like this for week then in the end it just constantlly stayed on all the time , someone from here got me onto checking the yellow plugs under the front seats , di it and the light hasn't flashed or stayed on since .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2006, 11:04 PM   #4
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Passenger seatbelt pretensioner short to ground, short to battery or short to ignition.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 12:02 AM   #5
GTHOXR8

I too have just got an air bag warning light flash on. I have not counted the number of times it flashes before it stays permanently on.

Regarding the yellow plugs under the front seats, I can't seem to see any? Are they under the carpet? I actually had the front seats out recently while doing a full detail and could not see any plugs. Are there any other air bag plugs around which i can check.

Any help greatly appreciated
GTHOXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 01:04 AM   #6
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHOXR8
I too have just got an air bag warning light flash on. I have not counted the number of times it flashes before it stays permanently on.

Regarding the yellow plugs under the front seats, I can't seem to see any? Are they under the carpet? I actually had the front seats out recently while doing a full detail and could not see any plugs. Are there any other air bag plugs around which i can check.

count the flashes to work out ya error code before you just go playing with all the plugs ! .
eg ... 1 flash then a pause then 8 flashes and a pause (then repeats itself over again)= error code 18
gl

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 01:10 AM   #7
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHOXR8

Sounds to me like you have a series 1 AU falcon. They didn't/don't have the plugs under the seat.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post