Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Question advice needed please (cam timing )!!!

g'day chris . i was wondering if i could milk some of your knowledge please.

i kave a BA MKII GT 2005 6SP MANUAL. TODAY i had the plastic timing chain tensioners changed to the metal BF type ones under warranty.
when my wife picked up the car she rang me on the way home and said the car has lost a little power, and the idle is higher , and the exhaust is quieter.

when i test drove the car , i noticed the engine running a little smoother. the exhaust a tad quiter and the induction noise almost non existant. still sounding nice likje a v8 and going quite hard, but less animalistic.
so i checked the trip computor and noticed the settings wewre still there , then i checked the origional battery , which has never been disconnected, and found the blue dye, uncracked across the terminals .
i rang the dealer and explained this to the service advisor, he said the battery was definately disconnected, i said where at the starter, he said no , at the negative terminal, i asked why the trip computer hadn't zeroed then , he said that it retains memory. i then ask why the car is running nice and smooth, with a differant charactoristic to before, ie less lumpy idle, little less urgency, quieter exhaust, and no induction noise .
simply put , it sounds like a BF.
/// was tyhe timing changed??? he claimed not. he said the engine would be running rough if any cam shaft was one tooth out, then proceeded to say that the tooling they use it is all set and virtually impossible for this to happen. he said the symptoms are probably the K, A. M. ( keep alive memory in the ecu needing to relearn after the battery had been disconnected.
what do you make of this ????
he said BF settings are exactly the same as BA , but the cams are differant so you cannot change the settings from one to the other as the cam timing is fixed. ???
i'm really not sure if it is all in my head?? he also stated that the car was not reflashed, and has the same tune it went in with ( stock one) .

engine is running extremely smooth, no noises, as before in the cab you now only hear exhaust at the back.

should i be concerned is it possible that the timing has been changed, or would the symptoms be far worse.????

i am confused as i dont know what's even inviolved in changing them , looking at the drawings the timing chains dont even need to be removed fromt the sprockets when changing them but i dont know.??

if someopne didnt own the car and drive it every day , they would say it is perfectly fine and goes quite well. to me it seems about 20 kw's down
i had it dynoed a while ago at 264 rwkws
nothing has been changed since then ( 12 months ago) should i put it on the same dyno and get a re readout ???

hope you can help ??? cheers.

anyone else who knows how to do this job and knows the BOSS 290, please feel free to comment .
thanks in advance . FRANK.

gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post