Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Default What a let down

There is something I need to get off my chest.

At the moment I'm waiting on word about a change in my work situation which has presented me the opportunity to have a brand new vehicle in my garage. This will be a leased car that is my choice of pretty much anything I choose (I pay the lease and the company pays all running costs).

I've looked at several options really. I started out looking at an XR8 or XR6T, but after more thought I felt, due to the nature of the job, that a wagon would be the best of both worlds, and that is where the problem started.

There is no option to buy any kind of a sports, or performance, station wagon from Ford. I want at least an XR6T style vehicle, but preferably a V8.

Chrysler has the 300C in both 250kw and the SRT8 317Kw versions, but although I'm a Mopar man from way back it isn't the most desirable car on the road (I don't mind it, but not really in the race).

Despite the 'Ego' GT I was captivated by, I was looking at a Territory F6X, but after a few days decided it isn't what I particularly was suited to as I'm not an off-roader.

This pretty much leaves me with one option....you guessed it, go to the dark side. I've resisted the curiousity thing, until today, when I found myself standing in a cold sweat, feeling quite out-of-sorts, in the middle of a HSV showroom beside a 317Kw HSV R8 Tourer. What a great looking car.

On top of that there is the SS & SS-V 270Kw sportswagon, for the price of an XR sedan.

The point of this post, you may ask?

What the hell is wrong with Ford Australia?

I want an XR8 Falcon wagon for crying out loud, and the only station wagon they offer is a taxi pack 4.0L six

Somebody over there has lost the plot,and I'm not happy. In order to stay in a Ford I have to stick with a sedan (not the best suited vehicle for the job), or get a territory (Not what I'm looking for anyway).

I will NEVER stop being a staunch DJR fan, as has been the case since he punted an XC coupe around the mountain, and it is inconceivable that I have any interest whatsover in any of the Holden race teams, but am facing the real prospect of shelling out plenty of hard earned cash on a product from the opposition, purely because they supply a product that makes sense.

The reason I'm looking for something like this is because this means I will have to part with my beloved '92 FTE Ghia, as I have not enough room for three cars.

I'm not happy.

The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums

Last edited by Quasi; 28-01-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post