Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #10
GT849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier
I think it's fair to say that there would be a considerable groundswell of support if a Class Action Lawsuit were put together.

Count me in. It was never disclosed to me, either from the vendor or from the manufacturer, that this equipment had a finite lifespan.

It's either that, or actively pursue the reverse engineering of the now dysfunctional product for the purposes of returning the functionality that was originally sold to me.

I would suggest that if this is enforced, that all currrent customers should boycott any SCT product sold in Australia from now into perpetuity.

Has anyone notified the ACCC and sponsored a complaint? If not I suggest someone in the industry do so soon. This is obvious anti-competitive behaviour.

Lukeyson
Class action would be great but hey....these things take for ever and they try to suck your money till your witherd up and died. Its a game for the lawyers to cellebrat over later...p****s.
Its iresponsible and with the amount of money spent by individuals to have that investment squashed is crap. Its just another example of the rip off industry we are face with as modifyers/ enthusiasts. Surely there is some one in Australia can make a wee black box like that and build some soft ware.