Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Default Ford & the Media

Lately I’ve been noticing a lot of negativity in the media around the Ford brand and products in general. Rather than point to a positive in a Ford announcement the spin is usually negative.

For example there are two stories from Cars Guide this week both around cars not being put into production in Australia.

1. Falcon GT-HO rebirth plans fade

This week in an interview Rod Barrett publically acknowledged that FPV would be introducing a new V8 in 2010. Instead of excitement over the announcement we got a doom and gloom story about FPV saying no to a GTHO revival. Also there is a point to HSV’s sales being higher, although no direct comparisons are made.

http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/new...th_plans_fade/

2. The born-again Chevrolet Camaro could come to Australia for as little as $35 million.

Here’s a feel good story about how little it’d cost to get Holden to bring a right hand drive Camaro into Australia. Of course no mention is made as to why the program was cancelled in the first place (i.e. GM’s Bankruptcy), or why it’s unlikely to happen in the short term (GMH can’t get finance to save its life and had to beg the Government for a line of credit). Just to add insult to injury “Carsguide will mount a campaign if enough readers get behind the car, and we're happy to pass the push to GM Holden's new chairman, Alan Batey.”.

http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/new..._a_lost_cause/

It’s not my intention to cry foul with this thread rather to correct some untruths and maybe expose some of this reporting for what it is.

Also, I’ve noticed that Ford Forums come up on many internet searches so it may be able to educate those looking for more ‘unbiased’ information.

Does anyone else have any more examples, or can right some wrongs on articles currently out there in the media?