Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #11
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
Hi guys,

Those who have the newer Diesel hatches and wagons eg Titanium models, what is the airconditioning really like? One of the prerequisites for my replacement car is an aircon system comparable to the AU and BA Ghias. I would buy an FG wagon but Ford dont make those so am looking elsewhere.

I read about Mondeos with a/c systems that are not quite up to it, and suspect these are the older models. Also lack of gas on delivery and leaks. The Mondeos are supposed to be 'global' cars, therefore supposedly tested for all conditions.

Any feedback please from newer owners, especially after the hot days recently?
Black 2009 Titanium Petrol. Air Con's not quite as good as a Falcon's, but it's still very good. On a 40 degree day it has no problems cooling the car down and maintaining a happy and comfortable medium. Certainly no complaints with mine at allm and it is black!

Global open is brilliant. In days under 30 degrees where the car heats up in the sun but the air temp is not too bad, the global open is amazing and genuinely has to save fuel as you simply don't need to crank the air-con that hard to cool it as much.

Honestly, it's not often in the 40's or even high 30's and the few days it has been this year, I've had no real complaints at all.