Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
dannyxm
was danny888

Thumbs down My rant - Mechanic

Gday all,

Just got off the phone and thought id let of some steam.

As some are aware, i am restoring an XP sedan at the moment and have put together the original 170 falcon 6 in it.

Nothing to fancy, but considering i have little time to fix it, i thought id take it up to a mechanic with simple instruction:

1. It has spark and fuel carb rebuilt etc etc
2. Just tune the engine
3. Start the engine
4. Call me when its done.

I dropped it of well over a week ago and i call them again today.

Me - Whats doing?

Mechanic - well we waiting on new plugs and points as the ones in the dizzy were stuffed.

Me - thats funny? It had spark when i towed it to your garage?

Mechanic - yea but now we got to wait for the plugs and points we can put them in and see.

Me - So now you have the points? You said you were waiting on them?

Mechanic - Oh yea but it didnt have any spark anyway, but we really didnt have a look at it too much.

Me - Just out of interest, why didnt it have spark?

Mechanic - Oh it was becouse the timing was waaaaay out.

Me - Timing has nothing to do with it!?!?!?!?! Look i dont really car about paying for new plugs and points etc but really its been ages and nobody called me.

Mechanic - Well look we may be able to look at it this afternoon and Saturday is a more or less mucking around day so we can look at it when we get a chance. I will get the boss to call you when we get started.

Me - How bout you get started today and get your boss to call me today!? I dont enjoy annoying you on the phone. Get him to call me.

Then i hung up.

Seriously, how hard is it to crank over an XP?

I am a Solicitor but rocked up 8am that morning dressed like a complete hobo and towing the thing on a trailer behind my Ltd, so he most likely thinks im some random idiot perhaps? Im resisting going over there suited up threatening legals.

But really?!

The one time i dont do stuff myself, the one time im getting stuffed round.