Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
Fairmont Man

Default Another opportunity missed by Ford's poor marketing

I've just finished flicking through today’s Herald-Sun, the highest selling daily paper in the country....Where is the Ford ad? You would think that the day after a Ford driver wins the V8 Supercar Championship there would be an ad to say well done, and more importantly, go and buy one of these great cars. Ford miss the mark time after time with their crappy advertising and marketing. It is little wonder that the Commonbore continues to outsell the Falcon, when there is something to shout about and promote, the silence is deafening. The Falcon is and has been for some time a better car but nobody knows about it. Vodafone managed an ad to congratulate Team Vodafone for winning the team prize. Ford should have had an advertisement all ready to go, so as soon as Courtney won the championship it was ready to go in today's paper.

I'm glad I got that off my chest. But seriously to the marketing people at Ford, come on guys, lift your game before the Falcon name fades away. These kinds of promotion opportunities don’t happen all that often, so make the most of it.

Fairmont Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post