Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #1
RAPID_BA
Banned

Default My car kicked the bucket!!!

I was driving my xr8 along the m4 today at about 100km/h when from nowhere in front of me a bucket appeared on the road and bam I hit it. I hit the anchors to minimise the impack but didnt swerve as a car was alongside. Anyhow bam... It went flying. Dont think anything was in it fortunately.

I sped up and there was one ute up ahead which I took plenty of photos. There was no other utes around so I presumed it was him.

Then I got home to inspect the damage. My foglight was non existant and a scrape mark on the front left. I was furious. Fortunately it mostly buffed out and just the smallest of nicks remains. The foglight was in the cavity behind bar and clicked back into place after undoing plastic underneath.

If the damage was substantial who would I claim against. Is the local council responsible was obstacles on the motorway?

The motorist ahead that I beleive fell off his ute? Or my bad luck?

Not so long ago I guy in front had a bbq on his ute. The metal bbq lid flicked off and was like a bullet flying through the air, just missed my windscreen, thought it must have hit my car but didnt?

What is it with people not securing their load properly and then leaving the damage behind them.