Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
washoutbeach

Default Women who drive Fords...

Up until i acquired my first ford, I thought all ford drivers were losers. They drove carelessly, way too fast for conditions and were rude and indignant.

But I acquired a ford recently and now I see the different world. Its amazing.

But what does Ford stand for?

Is about the smoothness and comfort of the drive? Is it about the brilliant handling? The breathless curves and insight of the body work? Is it that fact that someone who drove a car actually designed the interior instead of some geek taking a break from killing space goblins on the planet Krustaloid?

Well as I continue my own personal journey of Ford ownership, I have been closely examining my ford driving peers and colleagues.

Now the fairer sex, well I suggest that your average female ford driver:-

* From what I can tell, is quite pretty and doesn't need much make up.
* Wears designer sunnies and has a cute driving pout.
* Is in command of her particular stretch of the road
* Is not bothered by stupid distractions and is not easily impressed by gimmicks and trickery.
* If the car is new, its usually in a beautiful rich colour.
* Dresses sensibly and is not over-jewelled.

She doesn't cut in or drive in 2 lanes, although she drives a tad fast for conditions. Of course thats because she has a car that can handle it.

Now she's not some neurotic psycho-cow constantly changing her mind and seeking affirmation and reward from all and sundry. No insecurity complex for her! She's not driving some dulling dirty red-brown european toe-jam on wheels trying to tell us "Its special, its really special!".

Nor is she impressed by the fake plastic facade of asian corn burners that kiss the tarmac a couple of years before having a total meltdown ( just after the illegible wurantey expires).

And as for the general, well they build cars for women that are in reality, just small men's cars.

But our Ford lady:-

She is comfortable with her lot in life but has that energy and drive to want something better. She is happy, she oozes confidence and is someone who is good to be with.

She is super-sexy without even trying to be. Its not a come-on to you, she just cant help it.

All insights/comments from the mighty ford forum panel warmly welcomed.