Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
M4CO

Default Got an AU!

I ended up saving this 2000 AU1 Ford Falcon from going to the scrap. It was having a overheating issue, coolant leak and intermittent no start. Turns out the overheating was due to the cooling fans being unplugged. The coolant leak form a loose radiator drain bung and the intermittent start has something to do with the automatic gear selector, if you slide it through the gears and give it a little shove into P it starts right up

I'm thinking of selling it, It is in reasonable condition with 260k on the clock...still runs nice and smooth. It does have hail damage here and there as well as the clear peeling at the rear on the quarter, bumper and bootlid. Other than that I don't see why it wouldn't pass a roadworthy inspection. The tyres are at ~80% and it has a new radiator (might have been why the bung to drain it was leaking?)

Would asking $1500 be too much? Selling it unregistered and without a RWC

Some pics...