Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2014, 03:44 PM   #1
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Time for a Rant - Neighbours Kids Kicking Football at my Cars

OK; we have a quiet street at the end of a no through road so little traffic. With lots of children and I accept that it is OK and actually nice that kids play on the street and kick a football around etc. But I am ****ed off that parents of one group tells their own teenage children off if they kick the football near their own house and cars so they come down to my, and the neighbour across the roads, place to kick the footy back and forth across the road. There is a children's playground two houses down they could use without risk to house windows or cars but they prefer the bowling turf of my across the road neighbour's lawn. I have several cars parked on my front lawn area (not the verge) and I am concerned that they may hit a roof an "oilcan" it. I have tried:

a) asking nicely that they move on;
b) more recently (and more and more agitatedly) yelling at them;
c) talking to one of the parents who told me where to go and threatened me with violence if I yelled at his kids again.

I have also now caught one of them throwing golf balls over my house hitting other cars in the carport (there is a golf range nearby so they can collect lots of free ammunition balls). I think the ugly parent is encouraging them to stir me up. I aslo think they now try to "accidently" hit my cars with the football. It's obviously not a police matter and the local shire have no interest.

I think I know whatever I do will escalate to something worse so I think I will have to bite my lip and try to chill out. I used to play a bit of footy myself and it is difficult to resist the temptation to try a few well placed stab passes at the parent's cars/houses etc. but I know that wouldn't help the situation.

Any suggestions? I have though about confiscating the footballs (to join the collection of golf balls I now have) that hit my house or cars but that may result in the threatened outcome in c) (he has a violent history beating his wife, kids, and pet dog so I think this is likely - I actually held off taking it up with him as I was concerned he would attack his kids ).

Last edited by aussiblue; 03-07-2014 at 04:07 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post