Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #11
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: who amongst us have gone solar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
Just a question I need to ask on billing for Solar! Have had this discussion with the power company and I don't think they know what they are doing or charging ..... so, in real simple terms

Was paying 31 cents
Installed Solar
Now paying 39 cents because of Solar install.
Rebate from Govco: 8 Cents

Which all equals zero dollars saving.

KW's used - 2200 - $858
KW's fed - 500 - $40

Total bill - $818

NOW my question to them was, If I didn't install Solar, my bill would be $818, the same as having solar! Shouldn't I be getting the rebate PLUS the 500 kw's of feed discounted off the bill?

They say the bill is correct. At this rate, I will pay the solar back .... never! What am I missing here. I was on the phone to them 3 times saying that it does not seem correct and they are telling me everything is correct. One person said ... "Well, at least you are doing something for the environment!" After I said why did I install Solar?

Am going to ring other companies to get some quotes anyway but am at a loss on the lack of explanation from them.
If you need some help with the tariffs that your retailer charges you, you can PM me.

I know that In Victoria if you are on a single rate prior to solar and you install solar, you may be put onto a Time of use tariff or Flexi Time Tariff, but this depends on what the Energy retailer do and what area you live in.

So technically it may not be a solar charge, but could be a new tariff price structure. But it would not surprise me if they did charge an extra cost for solar itself. Would need to know your retailer, so I could search the rates.

Also another thing to look at is the removal of the carbon tax, the rates may have changed as of July 1st, most retailers making changes know and backdating the rates.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post