Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-08-2018, 02:04 PM   #1
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Default ADVICE PLEASE: Mustang GT - Deposit refund?

Cliffs/Facts:
In June 17, I gave my Credit Card details over the phone to a FORD DEALER salesman because I wanted a 2018 GT to replace my 17 GT.
The company debited my card the $1,000 and an additional $17 (which wasn’t discussed)
Despite many requests for a price over many months this particular Salesman (who replaced the awesome Salesman I bought my 17 GT from) claimed he couldn’t give a price because he didn’t know what the price would be. Fair enough. Up to a point.
This practice continued well after (in fact a few months) after numerous other dealers had given me a price. EDIT. AND EMAILED ME CONTRACTS.
I contacted him numerous times after I had other prices and he still claimed he didn’t have prices and couldn’t give me a price.
By now my BS meter was going off big time.
Eventually the Salsman rang to say “Your car has just arrived and it will be ready for you on Tuesday”.
When I asked the price, it was many thousands higher than any other dealer - What I’d suspected he might try all along.
I said no thanks. Please refund my deposit.
His Sales Manager rang me straight back and dropped the price by $2,000 immediately..
I said “No thanks. Still too expensive. Please credit my Credit Card the deposit”
He put the whole guilt trip on me claiming it was MY CAR - Despite there being no contract email / issued let alone signed. And no price until five minutes earlier.
I declined and again asked for my refund.
He kept trying to guilt me into it and even asked me to declare the prices I had been given and where I would buy one.
I declined, said it was private information and again asked for my refund.
He kept ignoring and dodging the refund question and claimed IT WAS MY CAR.
I’m not stupid and have bought many new cars and over a dozen brand new Fords.
If there’s NO PRICE there is no contract.
If there’s either no contract written, emailed to me or signed there is no contract. All three definitely no contract.
I’ve since bought an 18GT Fastback AND an 18GT Convertible. They are AWESOME BTW.

What does the AFF brains trust suggest my next step?

Last edited by Walt Kowalski; 28-08-2018 at 02:09 PM.
This user likes this post: