Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2006, 04:10 PM   #1
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Angry 3 cars crashed in one weekend!

Had a very interesting weekend this weekend.

Having recently bought a 100 acre property, I decided to invite some mates up for the weekend.

Was planned to be a great weekend. The BBQ was gassed up, the Beer was cold and the paddocks were so inviting I laid a few circles all alone!

It started to go sour when on Saturday night, as a mate was driving to the farm he crashed his car. He owns a VN Commodore - and yes he's a P plater - but this commodore has 42000kms on the clock, is original right down to the ugly snowflake rims, and is absolutely pampered. The car was immaculate. Until a kangaroo decided to jump out infront of him...

He was doing about 50 down a dirt road but his downfall was that he swerved to miss the roo (city kid) which he did quite successfully, although he ran off the road and pitched the front end into a tree stump. The front wheels were off the ground as the car was pitched nose on top of the stump. It took some creative jacking and a lot of rocks to get it off the tree stump with just three of us at 11 o'clock at night. got car off and rolled it slowly back to the farm. We decided it was not able to be driven back to Sydney (due to the destruction of the radiator and fan + lights) so we parked it in the shed and there it stayed for the rest of the weekend.

One car down.

The second car to be destroyed was a lot more entertaining. It was a dead paddock basher ('83 Ford Meteor Station Wagon) that we resurected after it had been pronounced dead about 18 months prior. We set the trip meter when it started. It made it three Ks before it died (for ever this time!) The poor thing was caned around the paddock doing handbrake turns, and it started running rougher and rougher until it wouldnt go any faster than about 10 km/h. The gearbox was trashed. So we pulled it apart again and got the engine running but the gearbox was still munted. Reverse gear it is! so the poor thing was sent backwards around the paddock a few more tims, before it was sent airborne backwards off a rabbit warren hill and was put beyond the abilities of our able, but rather inebriated team of bush mechanics.

Two cars down.

We drove back to Sydney on Sunday night and the parentals of the mate who crashed his commodore were pacified somewhat.
This morning it was back to the farm for me and mate to get the poor thing towed to a smash repairer.
Travelling along the same stretch of dirt road I came round a corner and hit a large rock that was in the middle of the freakin road (unearthed by a tractor we believe) the rock jammed against my rear right wheel and sent me sliding sideways accross the road and towards two large trees. I wasnt going to pull out of it so I floored it and put the back end around and thankfully got it in backwards between the trees. unfortunately as I went off the road sideways I pulled both passenger side tyres clean off the rim (went over the grader pile on the side of the road)

Thanks to the help of a local Station hand, both tyres were reseated and inflated and we were on our merry way.

My car needs a wheel alignment now, but luckily nothing too serious!

Mates car was not so lucky. Will require extensive repairs if not a write off.

Will post pics of cars when I get them off a mate.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post