Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-02-2022, 07:59 AM   #1
asimplelife
mechanical novice hopeful
Donating Member2

Default Anyone done a Momo Red & Blue dye colour match?

Has anyone matched the blue and red Momo steering wheel colours with any dye supplier?That's the dye you use to rejuvenate the existing leather (not replacing the leather).
If so could you please share the supplier and reference?

Apologies for creating another thread on this.
But I was hoping there might be someone on aufalcon.com.au that might have the answer.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=6527257

Ford just called the Red Momo Red I think?
But the standard XR darker Blue Momo colour is Electric Blue?
(not the lighter brighter Blue Momo on the T series called Wild Blue?)
I have used PPC in Sydney (I'm in Melbourne) with their Leatherique leather restorer kit and am very happy with the result of their Black dye on my steering wheels.
And they are happy to match the blue and red colours.
But I have to post them my steering wheels...and they'll post them back...and I am trying to avoid that if I can.

They say they have no existing matches to use for the AU Falcon Momo colours.
When I hesitated on posting, they suggested the only other option was getting paint sample cards from Bunnings.
I understand the difficulties of matching colours. I tried but don't feel there is a good enough match.
It's made harder by the difference between a new and well used one, like with these red ones.

PPC also have a range of OEM colours on their website for different brands but not Ford. With really little sample colours.
I've reviewed theses but like with the Bunnings samples, I don't think that's getting me any closer to a good match.

http://www.ppcco.com.au/leatherique06.html
asimplelife is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post