Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2024, 08:36 AM   #1
JustBill
Starter Motor

Default Mondeo 2011 Turbo Diesel lack of power

Ive searched threads for an answer to my problem but no success. Sorry if this is a repetitive one.

Just bought this 2011 Mondeo Turbo Diesel automatic. 170,000 with service history since leaving the factory. I have never driven one before this so not sure if this is normal for a Diesel Mondeo.

Takes time to reach speeds and even longer in slight climbs. Example, standing start take off i will hit 60km in roughly 100 meters. Very dangerous turning into traffic when finding a gap. Another example while in a minor climb is the exit ramp out of my town merging onto the hwy has a climb not that steep..... but Takes me almost 1000 meters in distance to reach 100km speed and only doing around 60km at the point of merge. I'ts as if i'm towing a truck behind. Rev gage shows 2500-3500 rpm in-between gear change (depending on the slope of the road).

No Engine lights appear. No codes showing when plugged in. Turbo tested and it's fine.

PS: Another strange happening is i can feel the gear change kick down when approaching a intersection. I feel the jerk at around 40-35km speed. It's as if it shifts down to 2nd or 1st to early. Not sure if this is also normal for a power shift

Anyone with an idea? or is this gutless acceleration normal for a Mondeo

Last edited by JustBill; 08-07-2024 at 08:57 AM.
JustBill is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post