Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-12-2010, 11:14 PM   #61
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by notice
thanks for all your support,

i wouldn't ever engage in any violence ( been training in kart'er for 15 years and joining the adf) but my partner was so upset when he forced her across the bench seat while yelling at her why she wasn't moving it.

being a 77 f100 steering it for her is a extremely difficult task having no family left at the the age of 21 my partner is my family. when i saw the marks on her arm
..i just lost it really if i was thinking calming and really wanted to damage him i would of pushed kicked his knee in collapsing it taking my fore arm to his jaw ( told this to the police)

but on top of all this i went with the police to make a formal apology and he wont have it the police told me that there on my side with everything thing but due to my out burst it can put me in real trouble i really don't know how the law works but its **** house
So he drove/attempted to drive your vehicle without permission (car theft) and assaulted your partner?
Why aren't the cops charging him?
He was the aggressor - just because he got hurt doesn't make him innocent of wrongdoing. Ask the cops to charge him - at the very least he might be more willing to drop charges against you if he has charges against him.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 11:22 PM   #62
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

im sorry but i would have hit him, what that guy did was way out of line, yes hitting someone isnt the right answer but that would be the reaction, charge him with assault and attempted theft.
99AUXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #63
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree I would be pushing that you were trying to stop your car being stolen with girlfriend being abducted and assaulted.
Maybe he will drop the charges you dont want to go to court and it could affect you getting into the army
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #64
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Vehicle theft, attempted abduction, assult. This guy had it coming.
You should press charges against him for his criminal acts. he deserved a smack upside the head, I would of wanted to do the same thing.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 12:34 AM   #65
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Yawn, here we go again. Every 12 months or so someone meets a certain jerkoff that annoys them and remembers all those before it.
Reality is, The world is full of them. i be as courteous as i can but who knows, maybe i slip up and someone whines on a forum about it.
If the worst thing in your life is other people being irritating... congratulations.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 12:41 AM   #66
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

One words that all people need to know the meaning of. Respect.
VioletGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 01:10 AM   #67
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Tonko]
Yawn, here we go again. Every 12 months or so someone meets a certain jerkoff that annoys them and remembers all those before it.
Reality is, The world is full of them. i be as courteous as i can but who knows, maybe i slip up and someone whines on a forum about it.
If the worst thing in your life is other people being irritating... congratulations.
Pretty much sums it up....
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 01:25 AM   #68
notice

thanks for everyone's advice (XB GS 351 Coupe and others)

i have seeked legal advice and have got the cctv footage from the servo clearly showing him pushing my partner over in the truck and my partner in distress and something i didnt remember

when i went out to confront him after a few seconds of yelling at me he did grab my shoulder and push me just before i had to get him a pillow

the servo attendants are close friends parents knowing me well and are going to write afidavids or something like that and two regulars to the servo are aswell

i have been formaly charge with assualt as he had to seek medical attention i hoping all this with the police advice to do so will end this as im due in kapooka in march and must be able to give unrestricted service (a drag out legal battle is bad)

tomorrow im going down at the crack of dawn with all this wish me well

hutch
Old 31-12-2010, 01:30 AM   #69
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

manners,consideration, common courtesy its sadly "old school". 2 Weeks ago i had a situation where outside a shopping centre some lady was screaming for help, out of a group of 20+ shoppers do you think anyone helped... Nope just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 02:00 AM   #70
buggo
[BU66OS]

Notice,
I think you handled the situation in the only way it could be handled.
If, in this case, a swift punch in the head isn't the answer, what is?
If this bloke has no regard for hurting a girl, and drivng in her car, what would he do to some bloke asking wtf is going on? Walk away?
Someone was gunna get hit, better him then you.
It's just too bad this numnuts is charging you for it.
Good luck for the coming weeks with it mate, hope it fades away and you don't get a record.

On the topic of the thread, some of the things I hear people complain about at work (maccas ) and the manner in which they complain, is totally not on.
Fair enough your burger didn't have enough lettuce, or the girls forgot to throw the pie in the bag. Raging in yelling your head off, screaming abuse and swearing at the managers isn't needed. The amount of times I've seen counter girls and lady managers run out the back balling their eyes out, when all the customer needed to say 'exuse me but blah blah', instead of saying ' Where's my icecream you fat slut rah rah rah!!'
I'm so glad I work out the back, otherwise I'd have no job cause I'd tell them where to go.

BA XR8 Manual

Last edited by buggo; 31-12-2010 at 02:08 AM.
buggo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 02:22 AM   #71
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

notice hope all goes well for you mate.
one of those dick heads that got what he deserved and cant walk away he has to charge you for it making himself feel like the one in the right, idiots
Old 31-12-2010, 02:42 AM   #72
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggo_gt
The amount of times I've seen counter girls and lady managers run out the back balling their eyes out, when all the customer needed to say 'exuse me but blah blah', instead of saying ' Where's my icecream you fat slut rah rah rah!!'
I'm so glad I work out the back, otherwise I'd have no job cause I'd tell them where to go.
i went to maccas the other night for an early morning top up, got a caramel shake (amongst others things) and it had no caramel in it at all, so i went back in, calm as, cos i didnt really care, i mean it was like 3am, i was in no rush, same girl served me from when i went through the drivethrough. anyway, i said to her, real calm like, "umm this caramel shake isnt caramel, its just milk" she stares at me for like 10-15 seconds then bursts into tears and bolts out the back!
im left standing there wondering wtf is going on...

then the manager comes out and just glares at me... jeez, i just wanted my caramel shake...
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 02:49 AM   #73
buggo
[BU66OS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
i went to maccas the other night for an early morning top up, got a caramel shake (amongst others things) and it had no caramel in it at all, so i went back in, calm as, cos i didnt really care, i mean it was like 3am, i was in no rush, same girl served me from when i went through the drivethrough. anyway, i said to her, real calm like, "umm this caramel shake isnt caramel, its just milk" she stares at me for like 10-15 seconds then bursts into tears and bolts out the back!
im left standing there wondering wtf is going on...

then the manager comes out and just glares at me... jeez, i just wanted my caramel shake...
Haha just must have been that time of the month I guess. Come into mine, I'll give you extra caramel to make up for it

BA XR8 Manual
Old 31-12-2010, 02:50 AM   #74
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

As a servo console op, I have seen rudeness & kindness on both sides of the counter.

For example, I will only ever serve one customer at a time, I will call someone forward if I can see that they have the correct change as whats showing on screen while I am waiting for customer no1's eftpos approval to come through.

One day a few weeks ago, I was serving a lady who had 3 children, had bought a few things for them for the trip, fuel, & paying by card. So while waiting for the eftpos machine to do it's dance, was loading up a plastic bag with the kids goodies, & having a light harted quick chat all at once. She has 3 people behind her. This older bloke walks straight past them, reaches between the kids trying to hand me the $20 note & says "the $20 on number #". At which point, I shoot him a disgusted/impatient/excuse me look, put my hand up, & say "excuse me, I am serving another customer & her children here". At which point he puts down the note walks out the door, & says the "$20 on number #" And points outside. Both the lady I am serving & I are in complete shock. "I thought that older men were meant to be have manners", (machine spits out approval, & I finish packing the bag) "Yeah you would think so wouldnt you" She replies & laughs, then walks out.....

Out of all the people, that arrogant ####'s are the older guys who cant be bothered waiting in line, because the world owes them something. However on the other side of the coin, some of my best, most courteous customers are the older guys. I have a few that are locals & regualrs. Since I've changed sites, & gotten to know a few of them, I genuinely look forward to seeing & having a quick chat to. Both sides of the coin, as I said.

The other was a lady, when after I finished my shift (still in uniform, waiting in line for the only LPG bowser on site) decided that my space I had left for the car in front of me to steer out between the bowser & me was her "fit my 4wd in & get some fuel on number 5 space" (due to the fact that traffic enters from both directions on site, & the gas pump is situated between two ULP/PULP pumps, & my filler needed to be where his nose was) Causing him to have to reverse out go right around the other side & me have to do the same & reverse in on the other side to where he was. At which point I get out. Slam my door, grab the nozzle, screw it on, & at the top of my lungs yell out:

"Couldnt you see I was waiting on this side, with my brakes on, for the LPG pump? Havent you got eyes?"

She goes to open her mouth, looks down at my shirt sees the servos logo above the pocket, & quickly looks away.

Continuing at same volume:

"I'm glad you didnt come in on my shift, you inconsiderate #####"

Never got a response from her, never saw her on a shift & never got called in to the managers office to answer to anything........

Like I said. Ive seen both kind & inconsiderate on both sides of the counter........
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 02:54 AM   #75
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggo_gt
Haha just must have been that time of the month I guess. Come into mine, I'll give you extra caramel to make up for it
you guys must see it all there... nearly every time i go through drivethru i see something that makes me laugh, or cringe...
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 02:57 AM   #76
buggo
[BU66OS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
you guys must see it all there... nearly every time i go through drivethru i see something that makes me laugh, or cringe...
Man, you should see what happens on a Friday or Saturday overnight, funniest times of my life

BA XR8 Manual
Old 31-12-2010, 03:25 AM   #77
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

The amount of times I reach boiling point due to the lack of courtesy on our roads decreased when I started taking the long way home from work on a stress free road. Worked wonders, and I got my voice back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffin Fresh
Manners are not completely gone. My 4yr old has the greatest manners of any child her age I have seen. Strangers in the shops often give us lovely comments about her. She always says please, thankyou, may I, Excuse me etc. We made it our mission that if nothing else our kids will be well mannered.
Mate that is awesome, good to see you've brought them up well.
You remind me of last Saturday afternoon. Coming back from the mountains with the 2 1/2 y.o. I thought I'd introduce him to what the Falcon feels like at w.o.t. coming onto the M4 on ramp. I backed off when I hit the 110 speed limit, and after a moment's silence, in a soft voice, I was pleased to hear him say "I want more, please". Although he said "please" I tried to explain that 110 was the limit, and that police would get involved etc.

That went straight over his head; he can't count past twenty
Old 31-12-2010, 03:44 AM   #78
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
The amount of times I reach boiling point due to the lack of courtesy on our roads decreased when I started taking the long way home from work on a stress free road. Worked wonders, and I got my voice back.

Mate that is awesome, good to see you've brought them up well.
You remind me of last Saturday afternoon. Coming back from the mountains with the 2 1/2 y.o. I thought I'd introduce him to what the Falcon feels like at w.o.t. coming onto the M4 on ramp. I backed off when I hit the 110 speed limit, and after a moment's silence, in a soft voice, I was pleased to hear him say "I want more, please". Although he said "please" I tried to explain that 110 was the limit, and that police would get involved etc.

That went straight over his head; he can't count past twenty
You've started something now, sounds like a car enthusiast in the making! My 2 year old nephew knows how to unlock, enter and start my car, which scared the **** out of me when it first happened and now has me hiding the keys whenever he comes over.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 04:12 AM   #79
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
You've started something now, sounds like a car enthusiast in the making! My 2 year old nephew knows how to unlock, enter and start my car, which scared the **** out of me when it first happened and now has me hiding the keys whenever he comes over.
Mate, that's why I always tell the wife to leave a spare booster seat up front in the Mazda.
If he's going to drive thing he may as well be able to see where he's going

That is a scary situation though but thankfully with the Mazda he can't get it out of park without his foot on the brake pedal.

Next time we meet up Dave we should bring the toddlers along - learn'em more about road manners and what not.
Old 31-12-2010, 04:26 AM   #80
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
Mate, that's why I always tell the wife to leave a spare booster seat up front in the Mazda.
If he's going to drive thing he may as well be able to see where he's going

That is a scary situation though but thankfully with the Mazda he can't get it out of park without his foot on the brake pedal.

Next time we meet up Dave we should bring the toddlers along - learn'em more about road manners and what not.
Most definitely mate, sounds like a plan
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 05:48 AM   #81
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

i wouldn't ever engage in any violence ( been training in kart'er for 15 years and joining the adf) but my partner was so upset when he forced her across the bench seat while yelling at her why she wasn't moving it.

being a 77 f100 steering it for her is a extremely difficult task having no family left at the the age of 21 my partner is my family. when i saw the marks on her arm
..i just lost it really if i was thinking calming and really wanted to damage him i would of pushed kicked his knee in collapsing it taking my fore arm to his jaw ( told this to the police)

but on top of all this i went with the police to make a formal apology and he wont have it the police told me that there on my side with everything thing but due to my out burst it can put me in real trouble i really don't know how the law works but its **** house

You say she had marks on her arm , you can have him charged with assault , even if she only felt intimidated and or threatened let alone actual physical contact . Puts a whole new light on the whole situation now you have said this , the xxxxhole deserved it .
wrongwaynorris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #82
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think everyone is angry these days on the road, so why would they show manners when they are constantly ****ed off.

A while ago I saw this guy in a white van tailgating an old guy who was going slightly below the speed limit, making gestures and swearing at him.
Later up the road as I passed this van I just casually looked at the driver, as you sometimes do when you are driving next to a car or stopped at the lights or whatever.

Anyway this guy started abusing me for looking at him. I just laughed, flipped him off and kept driving shrugging it off as just some halfwit.

A month or 2 later I stopped at the lights and notice someone stopped about 1 inch from my back bumper, I notice its the same guy in the van and he is making gestures towards me, things like "I'm watching you" and other random stuff.
As I take off he is tailgating me, he then changes lanes and drivers next to me, still acting like an idiot, swearing and what not. I simply flip him off and speed up, he speeds up next to me..... so I slow down he slows down as well, just always driving next to me. Then he suddenly attempts to side swipe me so I have to jump on the brakes.
I followed him after that, he had his name and mobile number on his van so I took a note of that.
Tried to find out where he lived because I knew someone who was keen to work his car over. But couldn't find out so I just rang his mobile phone at 1am and gave him a mouth full.

Some people on the roads are just ****** up!
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #83
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucool
G'day all,

While I was out today running around getting ready for the New years celebrations I decided ..........today does get my blood up.
Any thoughts people?
See sig. below

Cheers

Cleaning wheelie bins-
Cats are good too. Fill to about 20cm with water, add soap and cat. Hold lid firmly closed for two minutes. Be sure to stand well clear when releasing cat.

All Whirlpool gold.
PimpMyHubcap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #84
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:

Mate im usually the one breaking up the fights so im not one to condone you hitting someone but it sounds to me like you did not have a choice there and i would get your GF to charge him with assault and you charge him with attempted GTA.

I think in Sydney in particular things have gone to the dogs it seems every one is rude and has a attitude of i am better so **** off.

Really gets to me sometimes but i am still kind and considerate and try not to let their poor attitude affect me besides usually the buggers run off when i get up as i am a very big boy.

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #85
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
I followed him after that, he had his name and mobile number on his van so I took a note of that.
Tried to find out where he lived because I knew someone who was keen to work his car over. But couldn't find out so I just rang his mobile phone at 1am and gave him a mouth full.
5 or 6 years ago I was entering a drive thru when some bloke cut in front of me through a gap in the garden beds... his car was for sale so I set my phone to private, and called him over and again, having a great old chuckle as I could see him pick up the phone every time.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 01:06 PM   #86
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:

Mate im usually the one breaking up the fights so im not one to condone you hitting someone but it sounds to me like you did not have a choice there and i would get your GF to charge him with assault and you charge him with attempted GTA.

I think in Sydney in particular things have gone to the dogs it seems every one is rude and has a attitude of i am better so **** off.

Really gets to me sometimes but i am still kind and considerate and try not to let their poor attitude affect me besides usually the buggers run off when i get up as i am a very big boy.

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #87
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74_XB_Ute
I never leave my keys in the car with the missus in it at the servo. Some famous footballer (ithink it was) a few years ago left his missus in the car with the keys in it at the servo. Anyways someone decided to bugger of in his car with his missus in it!! So since then...i take the keys with me.
That would have been John Bertrand's Porsche?...
Carjacked his sleeping Mrs. while he was paying at one of the Westgate servos. And totalled the Porsche from memory? (sorry for off topic)...
Good luck mate... You did what 99% of us would do given the same circumstances
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #88
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
5 or 6 years ago I was entering a drive thru when some bloke cut in front of me through a gap in the garden beds... his car was for sale so I set my phone to private, and called him over and again, having a great old chuckle as I could see him pick up the phone every time.
haha! thats gold, good idea too!!
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #89
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just held a door open for a nana up the shops... she loved it...
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 03:45 PM   #90
MGGT RAA
AUII XR8, BA XR8 290 UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
just held a door open for a nana up the shops... she loved it...
im what you could call a young bogan lookin kinda dude - early 20's, scruffy hair, lip ring, wear band t-shirts etc. I help the ol nannas all the time and to be honest half of them dont even say thanks, probly coz their scared im gonna nick off with thier purse... but i helped a nana the other day at the butchers and she was stoked, called me a fine young gentleman

Theres knobheads of all ages everywhere, but theres also good people of all ages everywhere too...