Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 24-09-2006, 12:53 AM   #31
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon
At least Calder are trying........

WSID may have better facilities, but its staff, management, owners have a hell of a lot to answer for.

I would take Calder over WSID anyday!!!
How many times have you raced at WSID? 120passes last year for me no problems here.
You sure you havent got that comment backwards
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 11:46 AM   #32
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

I sure as **** don't.

I am no referring to the condition of the track, but merely the complete incompetence and absolute BS from the management there...

Ever gone to organise events there???

If you have, you will understand where i am coming from......

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 12:03 PM   #33
AFPGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE
Just read on the calder park website that they are upgrading the startline area with new resurfacing and there is also an upgrade of the pricing for friday night street drags, gone from $55.00 to $65.00.....Upgrades everywhere......no mention of the return road though?

http://www.motorsport.com.au/

Cheers Craig
As long as the track and facilities are done right the $65 isn't an issue for myself.To drive to HPR and back is going to cost more than $65 ANYWAY.The track surface at HPR isn't that crash hot either.
AFPGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 02:31 PM   #34
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
I sure as **** don't.

I am no referring to the condition of the track, but merely the complete incompetence and absolute BS from the management there...

I have found one or two with attitude,especially one "weel fed" fellow in the scrutineering shed,turned off the scale on me just as I was weighing the car,this after Id asked another official if I could,this bloke seems to be an out and out Holden die hard,always quick with a smart comment about Ford..
The other guy is the one who always goes on about the helmet strap..
But other than that I find the officials very friendly and helpfull,and a good bunch of guy's..
Cant really comment on the upper management side,my biggest complaint about the running of the street meets,is stopping racing for a burnout comp,that usually is full of shiitboxes anyway..
When there have been a few break downs,and you have only had two runs,the last thing you want is to stop the show for a V6 commodore trying to pull a skid,it gets frustrating..
That and how it seems they oversubscribe sometimes,what happened to the 160 car cut off limit??
I would much prefer the burnouts be held after racing is finished,or have a seperate day for burnout comps,like what used to happen at the old track,on friday nights I think?.
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 07:01 PM   #35
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I sure as **** don't.

Have notice just recently another orginisation copping a bit of grief from WSID and the new rules for private days are a bit harsh. I dont think they care much with the small time racer.
Old 24-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #36
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
I have found one or two with attitude,especially one "weel fed" fellow in the scrutineering shed,turned off the scale on me just as I was weighing the car,this after Id asked another official if I could,this bloke seems to be an out and out Holden die hard,always quick with a smart comment about Ford..
Know exactly who your talking about nugget, I asked him once if he could stand off the scales just for a second, he told me to get in my car and get out of the shed and bagged my car with his trademark smart comments but oher than that most are nice crew. And the guy that goes on about helmet straps yes a bit of a stroppy bugger lol.
Old 24-09-2006, 10:51 PM   #37
rodderz

A purpose built new facility would be a lot better... with new management....there has been talk of this for a while now, last I heard the negotiations were going to be kept quiet until an outcome has been reached on location so that media or others dont turn it into a whinge fest maybe compromising the project
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 09:08 AM   #38
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

No issues with the track / marshalling etc etc.

My beef is with management, many many other people have the same beef too...
They all should be shot..

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 10:11 AM   #39
MYV8
Gota be happy with a Hump
Donating Member1

I didn't believe a track could be so bad until I raced at Calder. I am in no great hurry to go back. The officials were not very helpful for two newcomers to the track (Rich and I) regarding pit areas, staging lanes etc and I must have lost my route map for the trip on the return road/obstacle course. $65 for this is a joke.
WSID doesn't have a management problem..................if you are a Group One racer LoL.

BluePower Racing Developments ............... Best in the Business
MYV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 10:19 AM   #40
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYV8
I didn't believe a track could be so bad until I raced at Calder. I am in no great hurry to go back. The officials were not very helpful for two newcomers to the track (Rich and I) regarding pit areas, staging lanes etc and I must have lost my route map for the trip on the return road/obstacle course. $65 for this is a joke.
WSID doesn't have a management problem..................if you are a Group One racer LoL.
Well said MYV8 but there are issues even in GP1.....
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 10:25 AM   #41
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

I wonder what it would cost to build a track for 1/4mile race's and a timing board.

Maybe there needs to be one built , To stick it up BOB'S A S S.
Old 25-09-2006, 10:32 AM   #42
FORDEBV8
E-Series

iv herd calder is not a very good track to race at but i noting going to say any thing till i race there. iv seen the marshels most of them look like smart ***'s
Old 26-09-2006, 06:29 PM   #43
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

What a JOKE.....$65 forget it.

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT