Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 14-10-2006, 03:03 PM   #31
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

So..have I been sucked in?

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 04:53 PM   #32
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ther fatality is real, the 'banning' of the track is someone trying to get a reaction.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 04:57 PM   #33
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
Ther fatality is real, the 'banning' of the track is someone trying to get a reaction.
a reaction huh? Something like mentioning how the I6T's are making the GT V8's obsolete? :

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 05:23 PM   #34
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
a reaction huh? Something like mentioning how the I6T's are making the GT V8's obsolete? :
and which of these 2 do you own :

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #35
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

back on track would be a good idea.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 06:26 PM   #36
AFPGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Tracks like what? Heathcote is well run, the track is in excellent condition and the equipment is first rate. I'd rather run there than Calder.

I dont think the track or the staff/owners can be blamed in any way, shape or form! Strapping yourself into a jetcar is hardly what I'd consider a safe sport and every now and then accidents happen. To say the track should be banned takes the logic that Bathurst should be banned (been a few deaths there now), go kart tracks should be banned and all public road tracks like the Targa Tasmania should be banned.
You are kidding,firstly there is no ambulance on site safety equipment isn't really up to scratch either.Bathurst and the likes have medical staff and the likes you really can't compare.
Casper look around mate V8 GT's are that much in demand they are selling for over 400k :the_finge I am glad i have a few tucked away in the shed you never know retirement may be around the corner. :hihi:

Last edited by AFPGS; 14-10-2006 at 06:44 PM.
AFPGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 06:39 PM   #37
AFPGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
Stop stirring alex
I believe that this track really needs some proper safety measures,not only in track preparations but also in allowing what cars should be allowed to race with the appropiate safety devices or equipment fitted.Is it a good example in seeing someone ride a motorbike down the 1/4 with no helmut and with a child sitting on the fuel tank?????????
AFPGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 06:48 PM   #38
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont think you could call the track excellent condition, have a look at the startline area next time your walking there-cracks in it everywhere. Not that it is unsafe or in any way contributed to the accident, just not in excellent shape. It is after all an old facility but for the moment its all we`ve got
Old 14-10-2006, 07:15 PM   #39
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFPGS
Casper look around mate V8 GT's are that much in demand they are selling for over 400k :the_finge I am glad i have a few tucked away in the shed you never know retirement may be around the corner. :hihi:
Mate, if that shed gets full, I'll happily build a garage at my place to help ya out with space if need be :Up_to_som

As far as Heathcote. I can't comment on which track is better as I've only ever run on Heathcote (although I've heard alot of neg's about Calder) but I have to agree with the mentioned safety concerns. I don't think there are enough safety measures in place at the track but other than that, I think that the track is run very well.

As far as what happen last weekend - the track cannot be blamed for what happen last weekend. It was an accident that was NOT caused by any fault on the tracks surface or such. It was cross-wind. It was an extremely unfortunate thing but it happen. To blame the operators of Heathcote is unfair. And to say the track should be banned is a bit far I reckon.

That's my say on it...
Krissy
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 12:28 AM   #40
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFPGS
You are kidding,firstly there is no ambulance on site safety equipment isn't really up to scratch either.Bathurst and the likes have medical staff and the likes you really can't compare.
everytime i've been to heathcote there has always been a st johns first aid ambulance sitting next to the start line with people waiting in it. i do believe there could be a couple more marshalls mid track and another ambulance at the end of the track. but in comparison to calder, heathcote is a shizit load safer
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 08:26 PM   #41
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Hathcote is much closer to ANDRA specs than CPR by miles. Just have a look at CPRs grass on each side of the lanes before the safety fence, hit the grass at 160ks and see how safe you feel.As some have found out.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post