Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 18-02-2007, 06:03 PM   #31
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Well I came back early and am enjoying a coldie before dinner. I actually have a big day tomorrow and need to leave home early again.

It was fantastic weather and I enjoyed the drive over on the Bell's Line of Road. Good to see the Eurofordclub members, XR5 Turbo's and also some beautiful Cosworth cars.

Oh, and you wouldn't believe it but I bumped into another person I know from my area. That just about makes every Cruise that I've come across someone I know.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 07:07 PM   #32
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippet_zetec
dude, what are you doing posting at 3AM :
There was a presence that woke me up. .... nah j/k.. I dunno... i went to bed early so i can be 100% for the cruise but ended up waking up at 2:30am lol...

The cruise, wow... what can I say... it was the most enjoyable cruise I've had so far. Stress-free, everyone seemed to enjoyed it. The drive on Bells Line of Road was awesome while mount panorama was good... it's a shame that it's limited to 60kph.
On the way home Sean (Photn), Damo (MISTA FIESTA) and myself went on the Great Western Hwy. Anyone spotted the dead wombat on its back?
We were crawling at 20-30kph for 15minutes at one section... that just drove me nuts.

It was great to hang out with Eurofordclub people, along with Classic Ford people. There were some pretty sweet Cosworths on the day. Good stuff.

Last but not least, a huge thanks to Sean (Seano) for inviting us to the cruise. A well organized cruise, GREAT line-up of cars, EASY and fun route... VERY HARD to top!
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 07:39 PM   #33
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Firstly, big shout out to Seano, for orgainising another great day out. I think about 15 cars in total joined us, and i know eeryone had a ball.

I myself am still pumped and quite sunburt from todays outting. The drive on Bells Line of Road was bloody awesome, except for the two caravans who had no stick. Mount Panorama was a real eyeopener. It was pretty quite for us to get everyone lined up on the starting grid, in true V8 fashion. The road was soo smooth and grippy i felt i was driving on clouds and the view from the top was spectacular.

On the way home the Great Western Hwy was pretty eventful. Did anyone see the dead kangaroo?? I too was angry at the 20-30kph tanker who banked up traffic for 2kms.

Thanks to everyone that came. Those Cosworths are absolutley NUTZ. Hope to see you all again next time.
Old 18-02-2007, 07:49 PM   #34
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
I too was angry at the 20-30kph tanker who banked up traffic for 2kms.
Thanks to the "Trucks & buses use low gear, maximum 40kph" sign. Single lane + road divider.... nothing we can do.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 10:23 PM   #35
BlackLS

Jump onto CH40 and yell abuse?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 11:45 PM   #36
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

Thanks to all who came on the cruise today... It was great to see you all again

I think Bathurst will definately be a repeat cruise destination... maybe an annual event. I had a great time both on the drive up Bells Line of Road and around Mount Panorama (was there a 60kph limit? I didn't see the signs :P)

We saw that upside-down wombat too, but turned off the highway just after it and had some more fun on the twisties heading back down Bells Line.

Glad you guys had a great day and hope to see you at the next one ;)
Seano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2007, 01:20 AM   #37
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

Thumbs up

Pics from the cruise can be found HERE
Old 19-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #38
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

Had to add this pic aswell... this one's my favourite

Old 19-02-2007, 04:56 PM   #39
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

So, I see some of you discovered the "joys" of driving through the G.W.H. on a late Sunday arvo. What your probably talking about is Lawson. It's due to be widened and I can't wait! It started to back up just around the corner (western end) when I went through (and that was quite early).

I too spotted poor "wally".

Thanks Seano for organising the Cruise. I'll have to one day ride with you in your XR5 Turbo.

Cheers,
Eddie.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2007, 08:11 PM   #40
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seano
Had to add this pic aswell... this one's my favourite

Great photos Sean, that will do nicely for a new desktop! :

Timmeh
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2007, 10:47 PM   #41
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Great photos Sean, that will do nicely for a new desktop! :

Timmeh
already there on mine hahaha...

Id just like to say that was a great cruze. the best i have been on since i have joined the EFC....great organisation guys (esp seano). the track was awesum and hardly any1 on there.....i did about 3 laps......all where GOLD......me and damo did a run at the end lol... we didnt break the speed limit hahah but maintained 60 throughout the corners hahahaha.....but i did have to wait for damo at the top to catch up.....the chase was espessially good as i got alot of tyre squeel and a bit of loss of traction lol....Bells line road was awesum... i managed to be in the top5-6 cars which where all cossies with the exeption of the XR5....and the cortina... it was great.

the day was just plain FUN...

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 05:11 PM   #42
photn
AFF Post NAZI

how is the Video comming along Sean. really anxious to see this one.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 08:10 PM   #43
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
how is the Video comming along Sean. really anxious to see this one.
Sorry mate... ive been away and just got back today. I PM'ed you, but basically i'm still waiting on video footage from various people who had cameras on the day.