Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-05-2005, 02:35 AM   #1
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Default Good articles on Brissy Drag Strips...

Hey,

I just stumbled across a few good articles on Brissy drag strips...

I am a frequent visitor to all these and couldnt have put it better myself...

http://s9.invisionfree.com/Oz_Street...p?showforum=19

Take a look....

- XB Coupe Project
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2005, 02:59 AM   #2
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

EF_STOCKO,

Hi EF,
Just call me a sour old bugga, ( and i am all for a bit of fun ) but at the link under the heading of

DRAG RACING STORIES

There's This

"Hey there...
Me and a mate were 17, just got the licence...
I had a 5spd 1.5ltr Datto, and he had the old classic corrolla, 1.5(think) mustard beast..
The datto had grunt, well compared to the rolla.. but I could not believe the closeness of these two cars... I mean, flat chat for about 10 secs, side by side from gear to gear.
The datto, was a datsun pulsar hatch, and it was an east westy. The corrola was a rear driver. It was just a good race. These are the ones you start off with..
It dont matter how fast we were going, It still was a challenge.. It was mad "

I just wonder when we will see them in a box ? just got the licence and the closness of the racing and all that grunt. ( for a datto any way )

like i said all up for some fun and i just hope they put thier head in gear before the car.

DOC.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2005, 03:36 AM   #3
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Yeh I see where you are coming from doc...

I know its wrong in many ways, but everyone has been their. (well most)

Would there be a difference If it were a thread on smoking cigarettes?? I know there is a difference in legality etc, but when we compare this to drag racing,

Both are dangerous, both kill, both cost $$, Many do It...

No hard feelings Doc, I accept your side of the issue mate.. And Im sure when us Young ones are older and wiser, we will think the same....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
EF_STOCKO,

Hi EF,
Just call me a sour old bugga, ( and i am all for a bit of fun ) but at the link under the heading of

DRAG RACING STORIES

There's This

"Hey there...
Me and a mate were 17, just got the licence...
I had a 5spd 1.5ltr Datto, and he had the old classic corrolla, 1.5(think) mustard beast..
The datto had grunt, well compared to the rolla.. but I could not believe the closeness of these two cars... I mean, flat chat for about 10 secs, side by side from gear to gear.
The datto, was a datsun pulsar hatch, and it was an east westy. The corrola was a rear driver. It was just a good race. These are the ones you start off with..
It dont matter how fast we were going, It still was a challenge.. It was mad "

I just wonder when we will see them in a box ? just got the licence and the closness of the racing and all that grunt. ( for a datto any way )

like i said all up for some fun and i just hope they put thier head in gear before the car.

DOC.
- XB Coupe Project

Last edited by BOOSTDEF; 02-05-2005 at 03:37 AM.
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2005, 07:04 PM   #4
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_STOCKO
Would there be a difference If it were a thread on smoking cigarettes?? I know there is a difference in legality etc, but when we compare this to drag racing,

Both are dangerous, both kill, both cost $$, Many do It...

No hard feelings Doc, I accept your side of the issue mate.. And Im sure when us Young ones are older and wiser, we will think the same....

EF_STOCKO,
The only difference between smoking and what is mentioned is that a smoker can only hurt themselves, doing what these kids are doing can hurt others around them.

Just so I make myself clearer, its good that these kids are getting the feel for their cars and giving them a work out, I think everyone at some stage has opened up their beasts for a bit of a run.

And for as long as the sun comes up it will continue to happen, and all I would like to see is these kids are as safe as possible. And I support more effort to be put into 1. Listening to what the kids need i.e. making legal strips available to them at no cost, 2? Offering some free support as to car safety to ensure their cars are roadworthy 3. Free driver Ed for the kids if they want it

Any other things that can be done to help out

Like I mentioned I don't want to stop the fun, but would like to help ensure that it is safe fun.

Regards
DOC
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post