Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 14-06-2007, 01:46 AM   #1
BlackLS

Default Aftermarket stereo to suit Focus

Touch screen DVD, radio and monitor

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-6000-STYL...QQcmdZViewItem

I'll try to dig up the supplier for these

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2007, 02:03 AM   #2
BlackLS

A video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3nszaFA9Vs

The maker of the video, emphasisclio, has a few trails over the net
Old 14-06-2007, 02:24 AM   #3
BlackLS

http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/Ge...=2000000003844
Old 14-06-2007, 10:23 AM   #4
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Nice... looks like the standard system. but better...

these would also fit the WQ Fiesta's

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #5
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Top find.

I'll have the optional TV tuner also.

Will it connect straight up to the steering column controls?
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2007, 06:46 PM   #6
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

If you look in the contacts section of the linked page they have a 'Religon Sales Manager'

The screen might be pre-loaded with Evangelist or Al-Qaeda footage.
Old 15-06-2007, 03:26 PM   #7
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots
Top find.

Going by the video and the connectors on the back I think so
Old 15-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #8
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Going by the video and the connectors on the back I think so
I have always wondering if you could get an Aftermarket head unit into the focus to work with the steering column controls...

Are there any other models that you know of?
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2007, 10:10 PM   #9
photn
AFF Post NAZI

you can get heaps of aftermarket HU to work with the stock controls.

ALPINE, SONY, JVC, PIONEER and so on.

you just need 2 parts. a connector to the HU and one to the Controls. and it all works.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2007, 01:36 AM   #10
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Good find!

Think I'll be sticking to the Alpine I've got in mind though
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2007, 02:24 AM   #11
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Top find.

If you don't mind me asking...why would you want to keep the factory controls anyway? They're pretty basic and in a bad spot (for me anyway)
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles

Old 16-06-2007, 03:36 AM   #12
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

I use it to adjust volume and scroll through the station presets and basically just to have the option there. I guess it's a thing of habbit.

Yes they are in the wrong spot (for RHD), along with the indicators, handbrake, and wiper controls but you get used to it.
Old 16-06-2007, 02:13 PM   #13
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
I use it to adjust volume and scroll through the station presets and basically just to have the option there. I guess it's a thing of habbit.

Yes they are in the wrong spot (for RHD), along with the indicators, handbrake, and wiper controls but you get used to it.
Yeah, I'm pretty used to where everything is as well, but I think a aftermarket remote is a better option...would work well velcro'ed to the cupholder lid (I've got the steering column trim from the CL sitting aside so when the Alpine goes in it will look factory) ;)

Really good to see a aftermarket headunit for the LS though! Hopefully we see even more LS-specific goodies over the next 12 months

Old 17-06-2007, 11:18 AM   #14
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
...would work well velcro'ed to the cupholder lid
That's what I did with the iPod Nano.

But I'm thiking about sticking some of those high power magnets to the underside if the lid and maybe sliding a fridge magnet inside the iPod skin.

might be a problem for the iPod battery though which is already on it's way out anyway.
Old 18-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #15
RusH
Starter Motor

hey guys! my first post yay! got a 2006 focus lx sedan comming my way shortly and was wondering since this post is based on aftermarket stereoes, wat are the specs for your guys stereos that own an 06 focus??? wana get some money aside and make this thing pound! let us know, cheers guys!!
RusH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 02:23 PM   #16
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusH
hey guys! my first post yay! got a 2006 focus lx sedan comming my way shortly and was wondering since this post is based on aftermarket stereoes, wat are the specs for your guys stereos that own an 06 focus??? wana get some money aside and make this thing pound! let us know, cheers guys!!
Gday RusH, welcome to the forums.

The Foc stereos have no RCA output, Front doors have 6.5" drivers and tweeters behind the mirror trim, 6.5" in the rear doors.

In my car I've put in an Eclipse sub with a crap amp, running from high to low level line out converters from the rear doors.
Old 18-06-2007, 03:24 PM   #17
RusH
Starter Motor

sweet as dude...do u know a little abt car audio? got another question... :P i have a pioneer 6100F 4 channel amp with speaker level input and also an auxillary RCA OUTPUT...do u rekon itd be possible to hook the 4 channel up from the speaker level input, run all 4 speakers from that amp, then with an RCA connection connect my pioneer class D - D510M monoblock to it and run a sub?? or will the speaker level connection decrease the sound quality so much that theres just no point n just go for an aftermarket HU too? (itd be a massive stretch for my budget considering i needa pay this bad-boy off) but id rather it look stock and not get gangked by some clown! hahaha any help would be much appreciated mate! -Dan
RusH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post