Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-01-2008, 12:53 AM   #1
stera

Default Vending Machines

Im curious to know if anybody has knowledge that they would like to share in relation to the Vending Machine Business?

Im happy for anybody to post here, or PM me as I am curious, but would like to hear anybody's past or present experiences, good or bad and any advice people would have!

Thankyou!

stera is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 04:24 AM   #2
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stera
Im curious to know if anybody has knowledge that they would like to share in relation to the Vending Machine Business?
Im happy for anybody to post here, or PM me as I am curious, but would like to hear anybody's past or present experiences, good or bad and any advice people would have!
Thankyou!
Hi champ, long time no speak hope you have been well.

In relation to VM, yes i used to own and run a small business with them many years ago, I purchased 5 machines and converted to vend trading cards ( back when they were hot ) I already had a trading card business so it was an extension to that.

For me they worked well and produced good profits, and allowed me to offload cards that were slow sellers.

The hardest part was locating the machines into prime positions, but a few perks and knowing the people in some way or form helped.

Due to the nature of the business it was easy to do a run and restock as it was small and non perishable.

Depending on what you plan to run in the machines ( am guessing food ) everything will and should be ok and will come back to location of the machine as to its viability, but people always eat, and in that set up well should provide a good passive income and a business that can be easily onsold if kept in good shape.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

can you tell me how to break into one? :P

at my old highschool we had 3 vending machines. 1 of them was in a steel cage and you could barely get your drink out of it and the other 2 were so badly abused they would give out double drinks, drop extra change out etc etc etc... was great for us kids though
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I saw a blonde at the airport a few weeks ago feeding money into a vending machine and just when the bottle of water popped down I shouted "Hooray!!!! You won!!

Last edited by Geez Louise; 24-01-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Geez Louise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 10:36 AM   #5
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
I saw a blonde at the airport a few weeks ago feeding money into a vending machine and just when the bottle of water popped down I shouted "Hooray!!!! You won!!
When did you die your hair .. you didnt start a thread to tell us

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #6
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2PWR
When did you die your hair .. you didnt start a thread to tell us

Yes is a tad bit of a thread whore!! I admit...but you love it!!! :
Old 24-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #7
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Lol....

It's amazing what you find in vending machines. This one was selling neck massagers in a motel in Korea known to charge their rooms by the hr.....

Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 10:45 AM   #8
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise

Yes is a tad bit of a thread whore!! I admit...but you love it!!! :
Not Really ... :

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 10:59 AM   #9
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The vending machine at my school is very old, it gives out more change than you should get, even free M&Ms hehe (After we turned it off and on, then tilted it). It gets so abused.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #10
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We used to be able to put 2 x 5c pieces stuck together with a bit of blu tack through ours, get a drink and change. not a bad deal..

I tell you what are the money spinners in the VM world, not sure if others have seen them but they are like skill testers with the claw, but you pick up the bite size chocs and drop them on to the tray, which has a board which pushes the lollies to the edge and eventually they stack up and fall into the tray. $2 for 5 goes sometimes you clean up others you get 1 or 2 chocs.. They are placed near the entrance to Wollies at my local, so why the wife is putting the groceries through I usually take my daughter over for a turn, if I don;t get anything I hope the wife has change and we put more through.. Just to get a small bite sized choc that we could have just bought in wollies for half the price...

Definatly placement is the key with them

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 12:39 PM   #11
gz1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
can you tell me how to break into one? :P

at my old highschool we had 3 vending machines. 1 of them was in a steel cage and you could barely get your drink out of it and the other 2 were so badly abused they would give out double drinks, drop extra change out etc etc etc... was great for us kids though
Here you go: http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/159/48/
gz1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 01:53 PM   #12
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we used to be able to do the double 5c to get drinks too
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 02:09 PM   #13
Campo81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
we used to be able to do the double 5c to get drinks too
Does it work on todays ones?
Campo81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #14
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

i know how, tip the vending machine over

hacked
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #15
Campo81

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
i know how, tip the vending machine over

hacked
Most of 'em are chained so tightly to the wall or whatever they won't move enough
Old 24-01-2008, 06:39 PM   #16
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the ultimate hack was a sequence of buttons, gets "error" on the screen, just got to know how to scroll and your set..... change dollar value, quantity

but thats wrong, youll find alot of those vending machines provide an income to a business or some sort of donation scheme.....couple grand a year through a softdrink machine.... that funds our xmas party 6k in alcohol, so next time you try that 5c trick think how much alcohol you could buy for that?

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 06:49 PM   #17
Campo81

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3SR
the ultimate hack was a sequence of buttons, gets "error" on the screen, just got to know how to scroll and your set..... change dollar value, quantity

but thats wrong, youll find alot of those vending machines provide an income to a business or some sort of donation scheme.....couple grand a year through a softdrink machine.... that funds our xmas party 6k in alcohol, so next time you try that 5c trick think how much alcohol you could buy for that?
For 10c?
Old 24-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #18
paul_r_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3SR

yeah same with us at work.... the small kiddy rides and chip machine in the tea-room fund our xmas party.

The missus
2003 Rav4 4 door Cruiser
paul_r_d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #19
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Saw a vending Machine at Dreamworld today, gave out Hot French Fries, i was like, wtf? i wasnt game enough to try it
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #20
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Heres a couple of vending business ideas:

and:

No thats not me

....honestly its not.....
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #21
GUTLES
Adam.

I run one at work, only takes $1 coins, works well, got 60 cokes in it & 30 vb's.. Beleive it or not still makes money with beer in it (& we drink about 6 beers after work).

It is a pain in the restocking it & having every one always asking me for $1 coins...

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2008, 12:00 AM   #22
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Best thing, we have a coke machine at work, its always open, it works on a honesty system, we must have some honest people here as it hasnt been taken away
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2008, 12:03 AM   #23
The_Ghost
Retro Ray

Just posted some vending machines for sale LOL
The_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post