Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

Old 11-11-2007, 12:16 AM   #1
shakes

Default Xr8 Ute

Dont know If I'm in the right place, but I just bought an AU XR8 ute July01 narooma blue, auto, genuine hardlid, full options, 120k, mint condition for 14k. I've been told that its a 220kw engine and I've been told its a 200kw engine. Does anyone know how to tell. Cheers

shakes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2007, 01:10 AM   #2
feebs
BrwnBstd

I am in no way an au expert.. but if it is a series two it will be 200kW.

At least. it was originally.
feebs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2007, 09:22 AM   #3
Grasshoppr
GTI ist ehrfürchtig

I believe it will be the 200 kw engine. You verify it simply as all the 220 kw engines have a name plate of the engine builder on the left (I think) rocker cover.

Our Events cater for all types of people.
Grasshoppr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #4
shakes

Yeah its got the name plate on the drivers rocker cover, "handbuilt with pride by Rob Gooch"
shakes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2007, 05:05 PM   #5
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AUII utes only got the 200kw. Pursuit utes and T series got the 5.6 stroker.
200kw motors also had a plaque with the engine builders name.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2007, 08:55 PM   #6
MOTIV8
Just cruizin' around.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes
got the name plate on the drivers rocker cover, "handbuilt with pride by Rob Gooch"
Hey Shakes, unfortunately it doesnt mean much to have this plate on the rocker cover as I got a "new replacement" engine after having problems with my original one after 27,000Km after "a 24,000Km test period" (AU3 Ute). And you wouldn't believe it as Sean Pearce must have hand built extra engines just incase they needed replacing........ checky buggers even restamped the block with the same number (I put a distinctive mark on the old engine block as the said they were going to replace it but it was not there when I got the car back)

But back onto the subject, the AU3 utes only got the 200KW engines even though the sedans got the 220!! I agree with Pinkbits that it should only be a 200KW engine and I had a hell of a fight with the dealer to try and get a 220KW when they replaced the engine to no avail.............
MOTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 10:53 PM   #7
Falcon GTHO
Starter Motor

Just a quick message asking for your help! looking to buy a AU2 XR8 ute but don't know what the difference is between the AU2 XR8 pursuit and the standard XR8?
done some limited research and they seem to have the same power output so what's the advantage in the pursuit?
PLEASE HELP
Falcon GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post