Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 25-05-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
KenLee
supercarclub.com.au

Default Fiesta Zetec impression

Got a chance to drive the Fiesta Zetec this afternoon. Oh man it's a fun little car. I'm VERY impressed by the amount of grip it has. The handling is as good, if not better than what people had been saying about it. The ride quality is firm but not harsh, it wouldnt be too firm for a day to day use.
I asked the owner if he's got any suspension mods done to it... nup, all stock.
It's got nice steering & road feel, it doesnt feel like a hovercraft like a lot of the small cars I've driven.

It feels like it has more than 75kW, the engine has got a lot of character, it's rev-happy and it's smooth all the way to 6500rpm. It's got all the snap crackle and pop (in a good way). Sounds good too!

The only criticism I have about it is that it doesnt have enough "go" coming out of the corners, but that's minor.. and can be compensated by its corner speed. Oh and I kept on turning the wipers on everytime I indicate .. being a european car, the indicators are on the left, the wipers are on the right.

Definitely I'm impressed with the Fiesta. It's everything a Festiva is not. I'm keen on trying out the XR4, they said it handles even better than the normal Fiesta and it's got a bit more power.

KenLee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XR4 is a much better car than the zetec.......drive both and you will be suprised
sly_ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Still loving mine. An XR4 would be nice, but I'm not about to change.
My only niggle is road noise, a bit more sound deadening wouldn't go astray.
Old 26-05-2008, 08:34 AM   #4
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Zetec with the 16" wheels and less weight at the front end handles better than the XR4 but the XR4 has a lot more power to it.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2008, 06:35 PM   #5
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

The XR4 handles better on the count of better suspension