Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-07-2005, 12:18 PM   #1
KELDO_XR8

Default EF XR8 manual

Hey people,

does anyone know where to get a workshop manual for my ef xr8? all the car shops autopro etc cant seem to get them. they have them for the i6, but not the V8.

Il be buggered if im forkin out a few hundred for a genuine one.

Cheers,
Keldo

KELDO_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2005, 01:52 PM   #2
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELDO_XR8
Hey people,

does anyone know where to get a workshop manual for my ef xr8? all the car shops autopro etc cant seem to get them. they have them for the i6, but not the V8.

Il be buggered if im forkin out a few hundred for a genuine one.

Cheers,
Keldo
there's a number of manuals out there available,
Gregorys do one,(opinion - not really a good buy - too expensive for the limited 'generic' type info) price 30-40
Max Ellery does an EF-EL manual that is a bit more comprehensive then the Gregorys(opinion - a fairly good compromise manual, marginally more expensive then the gregorys which is offset by the fact that the additional detailed info can & IS of use) price - 50ish
Then you have the factory manual which is extremely comprehensive as you'd expect, but you will pay for it. You may also need to purchase 'supplementary' manuals to cover specific areas not contained in the main manual too(gearbox supplement etc) price120+
note the prices are a guide only - I don't know the exact costs.
I know Haynes have also produced a manual though I haven't seen the content so wont comment.
If you are looking where to buy any motoring books, I know 100% you can get them thru HERE (if not in stock they will get it in)they do online sales, as do pitstop books or a number of other places.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2005, 01:58 PM   #3
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Max ellerys is the only one that covers the V8 as well as I6....

Can order em for a reasonable price at www.pitstop.net.au about $40 IIRC. Genuine ford EF-EL something like $250...
Old 15-07-2005, 06:33 PM   #4
KELDO_XR8

Thanks for the help guys, ive been hunting everywhere for a manual that covers the V8.

thanks again,
Keldo
KELDO_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post