Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Default WTF is going on??

The past couple of weeks something fishy has been going on.

It all started a few weeks ago when we spent a good night paddock bashing at mates parents property and went to the beach the next day but when we got apparently some cops from Sydney had been poking around at the property.

Without asking they came on the land and started going through our cars and when my mates parents asked WTF they were doing they started talking down to them asking them if their we did needles and threatening to get the council to come take our cars off private property.

Since then me and a lot of other p-platers have been pulled over a lot for RBT's. I have never had an RBT in my life before but in the last week I have had 4 and all from non local coppers.

To top it off me and my mate were walking home from pub and then some out of town coppers hassled us and then came on to PRIVATE property and proceeded to defect my mates car for really trivial stuff like Odometer numbers not in line and "unleaded only" sticker missing from fuel filler lid despite it saying "unleaded only" on the fuel cap :

Some local cops camer round and told then to settle down but these out of town cops were determined to book anything and everything.

WTF is going on?? Has anybody else noticed a police surge on the NSW north coast?

Old 03-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Sounds like a task force with a few new "badge makes the man" officers.

They'll be off to the next town soon enough.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 03-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
ch33z1l
Dawn

One extreme to the other. I was in Urana one weekend and was pulled up by an Albury highway patrol man and he said he couldn't continue to let me drink on the street. ( was outside the pub as I was leaving). He then proceeded to ask me and my mate to skull them down quickly as he couldn't wait around for us to finish. We had a good old yarn with him for about 15mins over a brewskie before he left.

As Russell said, same take the badge too far.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #4
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

Complain to the area commander and if no satifaction take it to the ombudsman
Old 03-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #5
Rob
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch33z1l
One extreme to the other. I was in Urana one weekend and was pulled up by an Albury highway patrol man and he said he couldn't continue to let me drink on the street. ( was outside the pub as I was leaving). He then proceeded to ask me and my mate to skull them down quickly as he couldn't wait around for us to finish. We had a good old yarn with him for about 15mins over a brewskie before he left.

As Russell said, same take the badge too far.
Why aren't there more coppers like that.. :(
Old 03-11-2008, 03:55 PM   #6
ch33z1l
Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Why aren't there more coppers like that.. :(
I'm sure they guys he booked for DUI that night weren't thinking the same thing.

But he was quite understanding and down to earth to realise we weren't being a nuisance to anyone.

I know they are there to do their job, but it was nice to meet a copper that was down to earth for a change.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:09 PM   #7
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer_Me
Complain to the area commander and if no satifaction take it to the ombudsman
Yup, if you're truly in the right and those defects are unjustified then complain.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #8
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
The past couple of weeks something fishy has been going on.
This sounds good :-)

Quote:
It all started a few weeks ago when we spent a good night paddock bashing at mates parents property, and went to the beach the next day, but when we got HOME? apparently some cops from Sydney had been poking around at the property.
Right . . .

Quote:
Without asking they came on the land and started going through our cars and when my mates parents asked WTF they were doing they started talking down to them asking them if their we did needles and threatening to get the council to come take our cars off private property.
Private property IS private property, house or not, DESPITE what some forum types might say. Sounds all very odd. At this point, and *only* by what you've stated at face value, I'd be making le complaint.

Heck, even via your local state MP, yes, via the MP.

Now, if you wanted to challenge this stuff at the High Court, even when confronted by a 'warrant':-) Terrific, - but avoid rural lawyers; have not met a 'good' practicing country barrister yet. Sydney establishment-is-it, full stop - no questions.

Quote:
Since then, me and a lot of other P-platers have been pulled over FOR a lot for RBT's. I have never had an RBT in my life before, but in the last week I have had 4 and all from non local coppers.
The reason 'why' - you actually mention, AND below; one and the same:-)

Quote:
To top it off me and my mate were walking home from pub and then some out of town coppers hassled us
Here is the reason for the 'hassle', out of town cops. NSW HIGHWAY PATROL are sent region to region for 'blitzes', example Cambelltown HWP might goto Newcastle foreshore, etc. Local enforcers often become 'lazy and complacent' in regards to traffic, and NSW HWP do NOT mess about in this regards, generally.

In time, I expect MORE of them (NSW only), and increased action against other key driver errors beyond 'speed', and an increase in the fine levels for offences beyond speed. The last fines increase across the board in NSW was September 2008.

Quote:
and then came on to PRIVATE property
Who's private property, the same mentioned as para 1? REM; IF you 'come under notice by HWP/or police *before* entering private property, then enforcers *will* enter the driveway to continue their investigations.

Quote:
and proceeded to defect my mates car for really trivial stuff like Odometer numbers not in line and "unleaded only" sticker missing from fuel filler lid despite it saying "unleaded only" on the fuel cap.
Odometer numbers not in line? Lol, where in the National Vehicle Standards does this apply? UNLESS the odometer itself was operationally faulty, not working, interfered with etc?

The unleaded fuel sticker is a new one - even on me. Ring RTA Technical Enquiries on 1300 137 302 and find out. It IS required at ADR stage, but that is pre-market, NVS applies thereafter.

Quote:
Some local cops came round and told then to settle down, but these out of town cops were determined to book anything and everything.
I am sure this 'relationship' stuff can be dealt with by police internally.

Quote:
WTF is going on?? Has anybody else noticed a police surge on the NSW north coast?
They will come and go, as they usually do. Stick to ze law and generally you should be just fine. And avoid 'attitude' in your dealings.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 03-11-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #9
Selwonk

i would have told the cops to get the off the property or i'd ring the cops on em for trespassing.
92 eb 2 i6 extractors 3''inch exhaust hi flo cat,xh tickford snorkel,t5 heavy duty clutch, 3.45 lsd ,dobinson s/lows, 16''roh milanos,DBA slotted rotors,in dash dvd flip out 7'',roof mount,front splits,12 carbon dvc sub,800w monoblock,h/d cabling and gold accessories,el ghia leather seats,au centre console,el door trims,custom number plates.

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 04-11-2008 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Avoiding swear filter
Old 04-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #10
T-BOOST
Blue Power enhanced

Quote:

and threatening to get the council to come take our cars off private property.

To top it off me and my mate were walking home from pub and then some out of town coppers hassled us and then came on to PRIVATE property and proceeded to defect my mates car for really trivial stuff like Odometer numbers not in line and "unleaded only" sticker missing from fuel filler lid despite it saying "unleaded only" on the fuel cap

Im not sure on nsw laws but the first part here is b/s they cant remove a thing of the property.
the second part here i dont think has any legal grounds. ie the defect is not legal.
i was caught driving a car when i was a teenager without a licence, i was on my way to take some people home. as i was about to exit the units drive way the cops past, i did a quick u turn and parked the car, they asked me for my licence and asked what i was doing. I said i was moving my car up the driveway and had no licence. from there went on there way.
They cant come onto a private property and fine or defect you without resonable cause. as stated above unless they were following you and you had turned into the property, then there's a continuation of investigation.

but thats not what happened

also selling my C.A.P.A tune box

pics of my Turbo Ghia are here
EGO TTG
Dont forget to rate it :
Old 04-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #11
XW_GS
Paulie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
"badge makes the man" officers.
Unfortunately, some people become policemen for that reason.

My brothers brother in law did just that, dropped out of uni, was to become an accountant and was getting good marks.

His reason to become a cop??, i heard it from the horses mouth and i quote... "For The Power" my and my wife's jaw dropped when we heard this.

Thankfully the majority of policemen and women are decent understanding people.

My Website
www.freewebs.com/xwgs

:disco:

302 XWGS FAIRMONT C10 9" :
302 XW FAIRMONT 4 SP 9" :

Fact: an XW had a shaker before any XY did...... :Up_to_som

Should a 302 Cleveland really be called a 302 Geelong?? No 302's with a Cleveland block where built in Cleveland
Old 04-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #12
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Odometer numbers not in line and "unleaded only" sticker missing from fuel filler lid despite it saying "unleaded only" on the fuel cap :
I had to laugh at that. That's almost as good as the cop who tried to defect my mate's car (a forum member) for a "crack in the side intrusion bar". Um wtf? Does he have X-ray vision or something?

In the end he got defected for other stuff but this cop was clearly on a power trip. Not all of them are like that. I've never had police trouble. I got booked once for speeding, and got a fine for Failure to Give Way after my first accident (both about 6 years ago) and that was understandable, but other than that I've had no trouble

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Old 04-11-2008, 10:27 AM   #13
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I think you'll find it is just the usual X-Mas time blitz.. Especially the RBT's..

Old 04-11-2008, 10:42 AM   #14
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

too many experts with no one actually being one...

was going to use the bull but alas
Closed Thread