Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-03-2007, 12:21 AM   #61
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Noise
You disgusting pervert. How dare you post something like this without at the very least, a photograph of her chest taken with your mobile phone.

To come away from an encounter like this without pics is just plain wrong.

Thats right!
Next time, pics or ban!

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #62
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I brought a 1 year old 2nd hand car once and they had scraped off the window tint then tried to get me to sign up for window tint at the special price of only $500.
I spoke to the previous owner and thats how I knew it had had tint on it, plus they hadnt taken it off properly.
It's just a scam to get you to spend thousands on products worth maybe $100.
Old 17-03-2007, 01:40 PM   #63
SVR73
Mr Polish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPGMH
We have the good fortune of highly corrosive industrial fallout, which pretty much stops the paint protection speel in its tracks. You just say will it stop that- pointing to the mine, and they move straight on to window tinting.
The fallout may stick but with one of today's paint sealants, it will not etch through and rust the clearcoat. All of the stuff that gets on my hilux just comes off with high pressure warm shampoo.
Paint protection is not a scam. The paint will not oxidise and fade if it has protection but I'd rather use the latest acrylic and chemical sealants than the old school polymer crap that dealerships try and sell.

Much better to buy a 473ml to 1 litre bottle of sealant and some natural brazilian carnuaba wax and either machine or hand apply it than pay hundreds of dollars for their thirty minutes to one hour of labour applying and removing it and the tiny amount of product that they use per car
Old 02-11-2008, 07:13 PM   #64
Corzza

Juts purchased my 1st ford this weekend and they tried to sell me this paint treatment.

After having it on my last car I personally didnt think it was work it.

Iv told them no.

Im just going to wash and wax as I have always done
Corzza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 08:30 PM   #65
TadKa
Wait? What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corzza
Juts purchased my 1st ford this weekend and they tried to sell me this paint treatment.

After having it on my last car I personally didnt think it was work it.

Iv told them no.

Im just going to wash and wax as I have always done
Welcome to ford ownership. My sister was an 'after sales care consultant'
The products are mostly rubbish and she did put on the charm (cleavage) to get the $$, but yeah they made a huge profit from them.
TadKa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 08:33 PM   #66
manxman
Old Granny Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACINGdork
id doubt id give her another 2 weeks. hehe she actually left telstra to do this job, and she was on really good money and was 12-8pm
I wouldn't work either job, neither is morally defensible IMO. There's just some 'jobs' no-one should do......call centers, letterbox stuffers, spam mail...........
manxman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 09:59 PM   #67
Supercharged

I must look mean or something, I have purchased 4 new fords in the last 2-1/2 years and they haven't asked me if I wanted any paint protection or anything similar.
Supercharged is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 10:05 PM   #68
azaxr8

so i bought my xr8 just under a year ago now. was second hand and the lady tried selling me anti-corrosion, 35% tint. paint protection....... all whilst my car had it all.

thanks but no thanks lucky my dad was there at the time or i wouldve been a goner.
azaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #69
Windsor220
Now Fordless

I've worked at a dealership for 8 years and only after reading this thread i've realised that every person that worked in aftersales has been an attractive girl. The latest one is a stunner! Funny how they try and sell extras using a bimbo.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 10:22 PM   #70
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I bought my XR6 second hand I listened to the lady try and flog the paint protection, leather protection, under body protection etc etc. I told her "lady, I bought this car to absolutely flog and drive into the ground why would I care for any of this"

When I drove out, I checked the clove box and the car had all of this done when new 3 years earlier with all the receipts and warranties in the glove box.....the work was done by that very dealer.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #71
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I purchased my ride recently, the chick also tried selling me all this gibberish, but I quickly said to her, " your a nice looking women, do you have a daughter and, is she available?" Needless to say, the opportunity for her to value add was dismissed. However, the di give me something for free for a change. Two bloody chips in the paint that are still waiting to get fixed!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2008, 04:27 AM   #72
seduced_xr
BF XR6

titan ford did this to us. we made a good deal on a seduce xr with 6 speed, premium sound, dual zone climate, gt spoiler, 5th alloy spare. mats. dash mat. GT wheel. this was b4 the mk 2 bf and we were pre ordering. the top off price hit $55 000, we knew if we waited it would decrease.. but we knew wat we wanted and we wanted it there and then. then we spent an hour getting hassled over paint protection, bonnet protectors, headlamp protectors, upholstery protectors and theyre whole package totaled hundreds of dollars and realistically they fit a few plastic bits to the front and spray some armoral on the dash. told them to shove it and made a deal else where. that dealer asked us and we said we werent interested and didnt hear another word about it
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2008, 05:11 AM   #73
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Noise
However, I do get annoyed with the flowers they insist on giving you when you buy a new car. I persevered with it when I got my Fairlane. When I got my first XR8 I said to the dealer that I didn’t want them unless you think that I’m gay. What is it about a bloke giving another bloke flowers? When I purchased my second XR8 (same dealer) I said to the salesman that if you want to give me something, why not give me something useful like a couple of oil filters, so they did.
Now, I'm no expert on buying cars (only have bought two), but there was never flowers involved.

I think you're going to the wrong dealership. py:

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2008, 12:40 PM   #74
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

When we recently bought my wife's new Toyota Corolla we went through that whole spiel as well.

We decided to go with the window tinting even though we knew we were paying a premium for it. The rationale here was that if there was a problem with it we take it back to the dealer and it's their problem. We just didn't want the hassle of having to deal with anybody else. They didn't push too hard on the rest of the stuff, they got a few extra crumbs and we got a good tint job.

A few weeks later my wife got a call from Toyota Finance almost demanding an answer as to why we did not use any of their finance products!! What a cheek!!

Apart from that the whole buying experience was excellent.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2008, 02:16 PM   #75
Corzza

@ Tadka

Thanks very much!

Man after reading my post again. My grammar was shocking lol!!

Anyhow yeah Thanks Im glad to be apart of the family now.

But if the aftersales dont look after me then I surely will turn around lol
Old 03-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #76
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

i use to apply that crap for ford when i worked for tint-a-car haha, what a load of rubbish none of it works lol, paint protection is just polish it gives a shine, viynl leather is like armoall, the electronic rust, well i wont go there
Old 03-11-2008, 02:55 PM   #77
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84RGE
haha they even did this when i bought my BA second hand from a ford dealer, "your car already has tinted windows and paint protection, would you care for interior care and anti corrosion blah blah blah*

lady, just spent 15g on a car, cant afford no more other dag nabit

Same here....My car was 3 years old when i bought it....They gave me the big lecture about the benefits of their paint/fabric protection and window tint...In all honesty I was interested in a window tint but not at their prices.

Jumped in the car to leave dealership and saw that the windows were already tinted and done by the dealership when the old owner bought the car new.

The electronic rust inhibitor sounded good in principle but it is a joke right ?
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2008, 11:06 AM   #78
Corzza

yeah a big waste of time you tell me