Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-11-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
XT_5L
xt time

Default Garden island raceway in SA?

Well some of you may or may not know but there was a big hype earlier this year about a raceway being built in South Aust after long last. And one that might even open unlike other venues.
But anyway, i've heard through the grapevine garden island was the preferred venue, then i little bird whispered that soil samples were being taken.
Then rumor had it . . . . . . . yeah well thats the problem, all i've heard is rumors and so on. being a mechanic I'm partly in the loop but working for merc doesn't quite get u in the same loop that a performance shop would.
Has anybody heard anything official?
Also AI has been re surfaced.(yay i guess) but not intended for anything comp is that true. i noticed at gazza nats there were holes in the bitumen for timing etc.

Last edited by ed8; 02-11-2008 at 10:56 PM.
XT_5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2008, 03:26 PM   #2
fos408

SMASA site has a section for info on the state of drag racing in SA or lack of
fos408 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sell your cars and get a Mountain bike!

AIR is crap, its not even finished yet and it has been months since they started work on it. :togo:

As for Garden Island, well it was never settled on an actual location. Apparently they have 2 sites sorted but one would take too much dirt to build up the land as it is prone to flooding and the other site is up the air with the Land Corp or some deal.

In other words yada yada yada, more BS. :

I think hearing protection should be compulsory for the people of the greater SA motoring community due to the fact there is so much BS flowing around that i would hate for everyones ears to get full of it!

just my 2c
Old 03-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPK-250
I think hearing protection should be compulsory for the people of the greater SA motoring community due to the fact there is so much BS flowing around that i would hate for everyones ears to get full of it!
just my 2c
Wear floatie's to stay just above it all LOL
Rob's 76 Effy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2008, 10:22 PM   #5
XT_5L
xt time

The south australian government s*@ts me too tears, there taking of building a new stadium for football, and every other sport known to man kind gets something except drag racing. 10 000 people showed up at Pt Adelaide to support this but as usual nothing. well done south australia well done.
XT_5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2008, 10:26 PM   #6
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed8
Well some of you may or may not know but there was a big hype earlier this year about a raceway being built in South Aust after long last. And one that might even open unlike other venues.
But anyway, i've heard through the grapevine garden island was the preferred venue, then i little bird whispered that soil samples were being taken.
Then rumor had it . . . . . . . yeah well thats the problem, all i've heard is rumors and so on. being a mechanic I'm partly in the loop but working for merc doesn't quite get u in the same loop that a performance shop would.
Has anybody heard anything official?
Also AI has been re surfaced.(yay i guess) but not intended for anything comp is that true. i noticed at gazza nats there were holes in the bitumen for timing etc.
What your refering too is rumours on the grape vine of a certian "Performance Shop" with their own "Racing Team" buying land down south and turning it into a practice race track for their team which will be open for other events aswell aside from mallala ... ;) that's all I can say
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #7
PALE ALE

The latest rumour doing the round's, is that the Rann government will announce it at the next election
PALE ALE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post