Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-12-2008, 02:30 AM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Fiesta Insurance WTF

Insurance for the Fiesta is a joke, after trading my wife’s Hyundai January this year for a new 2007 5 door Fiesta LX we took up the promotion offer of free 12 months comprehensive insurance through Ford the policy is held by Allianz.
Today we got the renewal expected to by a bit high getting the insurance though the dealer 1st time around $930, ahh what a joke… so I started searching for a better deal cant find anything under $900 lady driver 42yo rating 1 in Melbourne metro car locked up at night.
The Hyundai we use to pay $500 TO $600 a year.

I pay approx the same amount for my typhoon ($1000) with listed mods and have agreed value of $45,000.
The Fiesta gets a market value of $16,500, why are they so expensive to unsure and who are you insured with?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2008, 06:54 AM   #2
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's insane Mark. That much for a car that replacememnt cost is a 1/3 than what it would be to replace your F6. My XR5 is around $800 PA. I am with the NRMA.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2008, 11:06 AM   #3
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Something seriously wrong there mate!

I'm also 42 and paying under $500 per year fully comprehensive with AAMI for my XR4.

I just did a bit of an exercise on the AAMI website and got the following online quotes.

2007 XR4 3 Door, fully comp, $500 excess, 42 year old male driver, private use, no prior licence disq, no accidents, no thefts ..... $417 online or $467 if paid offline.

2007 LX 5 Door, fully comp, $500 excess, 42 year old male driver, private use, no prior licence disq, no accidents, no thefts ..... $417 online or $467 if paid offline.

The LX and XR4 appear to have identical premiums even though I put down the XR4 as having a replacement value of $25,000 and the LX replacement value as $18,500.

Can only presume the LX is comparatively more expensive to insure even though it has a lesser replacement value perhaps due to the 5 doors?

Interestingly if you put in the identical information but change to "Female" driver the quote on either car goes up by $5 per annum.

http://www.aami.com.au/
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2008, 11:12 AM   #4
Scott

Crazy, $537 for me using the same calculator in QLD.

Interestingly, I just grabbed a quote for the new IS250 I'm looking at and it's only $765.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2008, 12:44 PM   #5
mcdougall
Starter Motor

i pay $1100 for my 2005 fiesta
more than likely because im a P plater but Budget Direct tried charging me $1700
Rather silly
mcdougall is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My XR4 is insured with SGIC in SA.
Rating 1, market value (3 year new car replacement policy), 34 year old driver, garaged. Low $400s.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 12:09 AM   #7
Fled74
The Thread Killa

I'm insured with Allianz in VIC (WP Fiesta LX). Rating 1, market value, 34 year old driver as well, lock-up garage, "high-risk" suburb. Low $600s.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 02:32 AM   #8
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fled74
I'm insured with Allianz in VIC (WP Fiesta LX). Rating 1, market value, 34 year old driver as well, lock-up garage, "high-risk" suburb. Low $600s.
They hold the policy we got through Ford $930 for the renewal, we used there website today as a new customer quote was $720 best we got so far.

Old 17-12-2008, 02:39 AM   #9
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you tried REAL Insurance, my brother's wife got a fantastic deal on their brand new mini clubman or whatever it is called.

I can't recall the quote exactly but it worked out heaps cheaper than any of the other mobs.
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 03:40 AM   #10
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol, thats nothing, i was quoted 2400 per year to insure my old ed for no more than 3k.... and they wouldnt even cover item such as wheels etc.. bloody joke
XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure
stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 07:47 AM   #11
Kariharnett
Lil Henry

i pay 800 per year, and mine dropped 35 bucks just changingg suburbs where it is kept ???
Kariharnett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 09:27 AM   #12
Thunderbird

Try www.einsurance.com.au Our sons car (Honda CRV 1997 is $660 on green P's 19 no tickets etc.. The rest were $900-1200.
Otherwise if possible .. just to go Fire & Theft 3rd party.. and drive carefully. Trouble is they have a HUGE write-off rate.. 70% write off rate..... they sell well at salvage auctions.. and are high in repair parts costs.. = write-off.
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 10:16 AM   #13
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shouldn't be more than $600-700... if you have a perfect driving record.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #14
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I paid $517 for a 2007 Fez Zetec,with 60% ncb with Comm Insure. They were the cheapest at the time. THE EXCUSE is it is a Euro Car and rated the same as a Bimmer etc !!!go figger !!!
Old 20-12-2008, 12:37 AM   #15
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
They hold the policy we got through Ford $930 for the renewal, we used there website today as a new customer quote was $720 best we got so far.
Hey Spooly,

Try Shannons. Mind you i have 4 cars and the house with them, so it's a decent discount you get... me= 35yo, no disq, garaged, female

ohh and for those who do have insurance with them - if you have a CAMS licence or are a CAMS official you get another 10%

HBA (yes they do car insurance) used to be quite cheap too. AAMI I found very expensive.

Good luck,

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2008, 01:37 AM   #16
SpoolMan

Thanks everyone, today I got a quote from bingle.com.au $520 there a AAMI company the one downside is no choice of repairer, I may take this up...

Old 20-12-2008, 03:59 PM   #17
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Thanks everyone, today I got a quote from bingle.com.au $520 there a AAMI company the one downside is no choice of repairer, I may take this up...
My missus had an accident in her Lancer a bit over a year ago, 4 wheel drive ran up the back of her while she was stopped at a pedestrian crossing.

AAMI were fantastic, they handled everything, the car was drivable so we just had to drop it off at their main processing centre and they organised everything from there including a hire car.

They even phoned the missus "every day" without fail just to keep her up to date with how the repairs were going etc! .... we couldn't fault them, great service.

There was no choice of repairer with them either, but the place that AAMI organised to repair the car up was a small family business, the bloke that owned the business was very friendly, nothing was too much trouble, he was extremely fussy with his workmanship and the car came back looking better than ever!

Iv'e got both cars with AAMI now, most insurers I phoned would not insure my XR4 because it had lowered springs in it, apparantly a lot of insurers these days do not insure any vehicle that has been "modified in any way whatsoever."

AAMI had no problem with the lowered springs, they added it to the policy and sent me out a new copy in the post the very next day for my records.

Couldn't recommend them enough.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post