Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU 1 Update

Just been reading up on the AUs a bit and read that the AU update done in March 99 gave all models adjustable seat belt and a different plastic shroud around the ignition barrel "easily identifiable as it protrudes past the lock helping protect the ignition barrel - rather than allowing it to stick out as in the earlier cars." Now mines a May 99 build and it doesnt have any of these, unless im missing something? Anyone else suffer the same fate? Seems as though all AU1s are bitsa's some have different parts to others.

GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
brad`
The Monty

mines a series 1 2000 build, not sure what month i think its a like a october/november.

mine has the adjustable seatbelt hight and not sure about the others. its a fairmont model so not sure if that changes anything but i know a few other monty owners that are series 1 that dont have the hight adjustable.

cheers
brad`

brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

series 1's finished in march 2000. There were two updates on the AU1, the first i think in feb or mar 99 was to include front power windows on the forte (lololol window winders in the front of an AU lolololol) and then there was another update i think in nov 99 which included smartshield and other stuff. I'm surprised that your may99 doesn't have adjustable seatbelts in the front.
Old 16-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Mine is Nov 1999

Pretty sure it has both updates

omfg, did the forte have windy front windows before? LMFAO

poor sods

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
ebxr82nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My xr6 has winders on all 4 doors. But that's ok because ford power windows are and break, mine will be easyer and cheaper to fix.
97 el futura MOCKed up with a 2500 stall, heaps of fun!
ebxr82nv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #6
Mr Hardware

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeyew
omfg, did the forte have windy front windows before? LMFAO
Yeah mate, no word of a lie. Let old Mr Hardware tell you a story. Back in the day when i was a taxi mechanic, we had one old driver come in, carrying on and complaining about the stinky EL he was driving, 'blah blah no power windows, i want and AU, blah blah, at least they have power windows blah blah'. So i said, no worries mate, i'll look after you, i'll put you in an AU. I put him in the oldest, stinkiest AU we had, an old dec 98 AU. No Power Windows! Boy, wasn't he impressed. Us boys all had a darn good laugh about it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr82nv
But that's ok because ford power windows are and break, mine will be easyer(sic) and cheaper to fix.
Yeah sure mate, whatever you like to tell yourself. My power windows are 654,000klms old, and have never needed more than the switches cleaned. My left rear window winder is a bit gammy though. I'd have power windows over the stupid old window winders any day.
Old 16-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #7
ebxr82nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You must be one of the lucky ones to get that much use. When I worked at a ford dealer we must have had at least one a month, and almost every one traded in had a shagged window. Allcomes down to how you look after them at the end of the day.
Old 16-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #8
Mr Hardware

Shagged? In what way?
I looked after a fleet of 17 cabs, and i think only once did we ever do anything more than clean or replace the switches.
Old 16-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #9
ebxr82nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm pretty sure the problem started with dirt and crap in the tracks which wore the rubber which made it hard for the motor to push and pull the glass and burnt the motor.
Old 18-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #10
T-Pak Addict
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
series 1's finished in march 2000. There were two updates on the AU1, the first i think in feb or mar 99 was to include front power windows on the forte (lololol window winders in the front of an AU lolololol) and then there was another update i think in nov 99 which included smartshield and other stuff. I'm surprised that your may99 doesn't have adjustable seatbelts in the front.
Oct 99 was the other "update" to smartshield

Futura got the power windows up front as well as the ABS/Cruise before March update as the Wifes is a 12/98 but no adjustable seatbelts

The Old Daily.......2003 Octane BA Taxi Pak Egas Falcon Build Thread
T-Pak Addict is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #11
GUTLES
Adam.

I used to have a Series 1 XR6 with window winders too, at least it had a full black interior

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post