Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Default What do I look for when buying a 2006 Fiesta?

Excuse me Folks,
I am a friendly visitor from the Focus Forum and I am hoping you can give me some tips on what to look for when buying a 2006 Fiesta.

I have a Daughter who is about to get her license and I have found a 2006 WQ LX auto with 60,000k's on it for around $8,000.

Any advice on what to beware of/look at/ask about will be geatfuly accepted.

Cheers

Fredo

:voldar02:

Late 2005 LS CL, 5spd Manual, 5 Door, Titanium Grey
To Do List:-
:- Using 95 RON Fuel (DONE -easiest upgrade of all) :- XR5 Springs (DONE) :- Lower air box removal (DONE) :- K & N Panel Air Filter (DONE)
:- 2.25" Cat Back (DONE) :- DBA Brake upgrade (DONE)
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2009, 02:48 AM   #2
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Hi, I dont have much experience with the old Fiesta but i guess it should be similar to any second hand car you look at.

These are some things i look at:

1. check if theres rust around the body
2. check if the doors line up to the B-Pillar (sometimes it doesnt meaning there has been a crash there)
3. see if theres stain marks around the boot
4. check underneath the boot where the spare tyre goes (there can also be boot leakage)
5. check the baldness of the wheels (inside and out, best way to haggle down the price),
6. Finally, check for oil leaks. Look on the floor where they park the car, if theres stains, it could be from the car. Give it a test drive and after see if theres dripage under the car. Also after the test drive, before turning off the car, turn on the aircon full blast, switch it to the flow of air from the outside (dunno what to call it, the one where the arrow isnt cycling) and then leave it for like 2 mins. Sometimes you can smell the oil leak.

Anyways, hope that helped

Goodluck!

oh, always call Vicroads to check if the car has been hit.

cya!

-b.
bdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #3
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdesigns
Hi, I dont have much experience with the old Fiesta but i guess it should be similar to any second hand car you look at.

These are some things i look at:

1. check if theres rust around the body
2. check if the doors line up to the B-Pillar (sometimes it doesnt meaning there has been a crash there)
3. see if theres stain marks around the boot
4. check underneath the boot where the spare tyre goes (there can also be boot leakage)
5. check the baldness of the wheels (inside and out, best way to haggle down the price),
6. Finally, check for oil leaks. Look on the floor where they park the car, if theres stains, it could be from the car. Give it a test drive and after see if theres dripage under the car. Also after the test drive, before turning off the car, turn on the aircon full blast, switch it to the flow of air from the outside (dunno what to call it, the one where the arrow isnt cycling) and then leave it for like 2 mins. Sometimes you can smell the oil leak.

Anyways, hope that helped

Goodluck!

oh, always call Vicroads to check if the car has been hit.

cya!

-b.

Thanks for that.
I was hoping for some info specific to the Fiesta but I guess if they are that good a car then there isn't much to look out for other than the usual stuff as you sent me.
Thanks very much.
Its appreciated.
Fred

Late 2005 LS CL, 5spd Manual, 5 Door, Titanium Grey
To Do List:-
:- Using 95 RON Fuel (DONE -easiest upgrade of all) :- XR5 Springs (DONE) :- Lower air box removal (DONE) :- K & N Panel Air Filter (DONE)
:- 2.25" Cat Back (DONE) :- DBA Brake upgrade (DONE)
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2009, 08:19 PM   #4
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fredo pick up a copy of the latest RACQ magazine,it has a report on buying second hand Fiestas