Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-08-2005, 08:20 PM   #1
Danny
GT4.

Default Diagnosis Dr Ford?

Well had the fiesta in for the warranty issues today and got it back with some Interesting news about my problems.

1. The CD player was making a grinding noise:
Diagnosis:Theres a bent part inside as a result of my trying to jam in cd's (phht as if I told him). As a result, ford have ordered a whole new replacement unit from O/S and it will take some day and a half to fit it..... Damn.

2. The drivers side window button was not working
Diagnosis: Its F#cked. They've ordered a new whole button set up and will replace that when the stez goes in.

3. The shaky missing Idle (This will interest a few of you)
Diag: "Cannot fault at this time"

HOWEVER. service guy told me that it IS a known issue on a LOT of Fiesta's and that its casued by a bad placement of an ignition coil that goes bad. He said to wait until it becomes more prominent and then bring it in so the coil is well and truly fubared and they can send it to ford... hmmm.

As for the rest of the probs "Cannot fault at this time"

I also asked them if I could pay extra and get the 6 stacker from the Ghia, but they said no the bastards. Why not? Ahh wells. Not looking forward to being without my car...

-Dan

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 08:32 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Well had the fiesta in for the warranty issues today and got it back with some Interesting news about my problems.

1. The CD player was making a grinding noise:
Diagnosis:Theres a bent part inside as a result of my trying to jam in cd's (phht as if I told him). As a result, ford have ordered a whole new replacement unit from O/S and it will take some day and a half to fit it..... Damn.

2. The drivers side window button was not working
Diagnosis: Its F#cked. They've ordered a new whole button set up and will replace that when the stez goes in.

3. The shaky missing Idle (This will interest a few of you)
Diag: "Cannot fault at this time"

HOWEVER. service guy told me that it IS a known issue on a LOT of Fiesta's and that its casued by a bad placement of an ignition coil that goes bad. He said to wait until it becomes more prominent and then bring it in so the coil is well and truly fubared and they can send it to ford... hmmm.

As for the rest of the probs "Cannot fault at this time"

I also asked them if I could pay extra and get the 6 stacker from the Ghia, but they said no the bastards. Why not? Ahh wells. Not looking forward to being without my car...

-Dan
Some interesting results there Danny but it sounds like you got some satisfaction at least.

Re the coil thats giving you bad idle - what happens with parts like that is they're tested in the workshop at the dealers. If theyre proven to be faulty they're taken out and replaced, and the faulty parts are sent to Ford for R&D purposes (basically they determine what caused it to happen and develop things like recalls, flashes etc. to fix the problem on all cars that experience it). This all costs money and with warranty parts, most of the time Ford will reimburse the servicing dealer for the cost of the new parts fitted. But, if the faulty bits get sent to Ford and turn out to be working fine, the dealers dont get reimbursed for the work they did, hence they want to make sure it's well and truly stuffed before they go pulling it out and putting a new one in.

That's also why they're telling you "cannot fault at this time".

About the Stereo and not being able to put the 6 stack in - similar thing. If they get reimbursed for the cost of a new one and the 6 stacker costs more, they're left with a difference to cover. Some dealers are ok with it and will just let you chip in the difference but again if there's something wrong with the unit and they intend to test it, they usually like to stick to the rules.

Oh and btw, if your car is new and youre taking it back to the dealer you bought it from, hit 'em up for a courtesy car! I have an XR6T that Ive driven almost as much as the Focus :. Just hope they dont sell it before the 60k service!

Last edited by b2tf; 04-08-2005 at 08:39 PM.
b2tf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 08:34 PM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

damn shame danny,

what are "all the other problems???" pm if ya like.

they said the same thing about dodgy idle with my folks AU, seems to be the standard thing......
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2005, 01:45 AM   #4
Tripe

Thanks for the heads up on the ignition coil Danny! There must be a lot of rough idling Fiesta's out there...

When I get mine looked at next week, I might try and test the car before I sign off on the paperwork. If it's not fixed I'll leave it there and walk home and they can call me when the problems are fixed lol. Do you think this would work? I have access to another car if I need it, so they can keep it until it runs like new, as it should! :
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2005, 02:21 AM   #5
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Oh and btw, if your car is new and youre taking it back to the dealer you bought it from, hit 'em up for a courtesy car! I have an XR6T that Ive driven almost as much as the Focus :. Just hope they dont sell it before the 60k service!
No go, it IS the dealer I bought it from but they're not insured for p platers to drive their cars so I can't.

It was fine to borrow a focus when I got the tinted windows thorugh the dealer showroom, Its just taht the Service department of the ford where I got my Fiesta (Courtney & Patterson) is in a totally different location, and they aren't insured for P platers... It's weird I know.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post