Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 14-04-2009, 02:59 AM   #61
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickve
Good stuff guys i ran 11.5 at 119 mph so easy low 11's if you are running 122mph when everything comes together.
Welcome, Mick. That's quite an impressive run. I think a better rear end and better weight distribution gives the VE a headstart, so apples for apples it's ahead of the B-series onwards Falcons. What kind of set up did you have Mick? I may have seen some of your runs, but not sure. Cheers.
Old 23-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #62
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

So these 10 second unopened BA XR6Ts have stock valve springs and all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #63
03XR6T
Banned

Where are the unopened 10sec BA's?
03XR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #64
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03XR6T
Where are the unopened 10sec BA's?
Headsex (Danny) Melbourne and Blueboost (Dave) North Qld..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #65
03XR6T
Banned

Ah ok, pretty sure both had valve springs replaced
Old 24-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #66
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

True Dean, but I don't really think that constitutes 'opened'. The LS1 folk allow valve springs to be done without calling the engine 'opened'. Heads/Cams/forged shorts are definately opened.

Congratulations on the new unopened record in WA.
Old 24-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #67
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Thanks for clearing that up I knew about the LS1 crew and their valve spring rule, but I didn't realise XR6T guys were going by the same guidelines.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #68
qdda5

Who cares
as long as yoyu ejoy your ride.
qdda5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #69
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Everyone has a different take on "The fastest XYZ".

As long as it dosent get down to... The fastest BF F6 Manual in the World, with standard clutch, standard engine mounts and matching factory floormats.

Some people get a bit carried away.

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2009, 12:49 AM   #70
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
standard engine mounts and matching factory floormats.

Some people get a bit carried away.
An you forgot the fooly sick 18'' sub-woofer

Old 25-04-2009, 02:23 AM   #71
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
An you forgot the fooly sick 18'' sub-woofer

O M G .... Is it fully sick 18's now?! I thought it was 2 x 12's!. Fail!

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #72
Kael
Rest in Peace V8

lol

Could be something, BF F6 auto, full street trim, tune only - no changes 12.38 @ 112.64 MPH

http://www.xtremefordtuning.com.au/i...news&Itemid=67

Xtreme Tune only... 12.3 @112 MPH With a 1.9 60 Footer :

Goal... < 10.79
Kael is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2009, 09:49 PM   #73
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kael
lol

Could be something, BF F6 auto, full street trim, tune only - no changes 12.38 @ 112.64 MPH

http://www.xtremefordtuning.com.au/i...news&Itemid=67
Ripper time for what would be the cost of a flash box and tune....approx $1300.
Well Done, what was the 60 foot time?

Old 26-04-2009, 01:22 PM   #74
Kael
Rest in Peace V8

Thanks mate, and likewise to the achievements of Mauz & yourself on the strip

60 footer was 1.97 seconds.

Xtreme Tune only... 12.3 @112 MPH With a 1.9 60 Footer :

Goal... < 10.79
Kael is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #75
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Sorry to start this one up, but if these engines have had the rocker cover taken off, and valve springs replaced, they are OPENED.

THIS IS A DELIBERATE MOD AIMED AT INCREASING PERFORMANCE OF THE VALVETRAIN, AND IN EFFECT ALTERING VALVETRAIN EVENTS.

So its opened, end of story!!

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2009, 04:04 PM   #76
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Sorry to start this one up, but if these engines have had the rocker cover taken off, and valve springs replaced, they are OPENED.

THIS IS A DELIBERATE MOD AIMED AT INCREASING PERFORMANCE OF THE VALVETRAIN, AND IN EFFECT ALTERING VALVETRAIN EVENTS.

Well then that flies in the face of what the LS1 guys do - valve spring change only does not constitute opened in their eyes. Further to that it means the BA XR6T guys are disadvantaged over the BF XR6T guys (leaving conrods out of the equation for simplicity), as the BF springs are better than BA springs at a factory level.

The LS1 guys do run around 5 different classes though, such is their competitiveness.
Old 28-04-2009, 06:07 PM   #77
The Monty
Just slidin'

Im disadvantaged too as there was no turbo option on my AU....
Lol.
Maybe as the turbo people are so competitiveness, there needs to be the 5 official classes like the LS1 guys?
Old 28-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #78
SpoolMan

Quote:

Hi Chris, everyone has there own opinion on this, approx 2 years ago I sent an email to every sponsor/tuning workshop about putting some guidelines in place to cover some of there thoughts on this and some other engine modifications for classes..... from the 9 site sponsors and the other 3 non sponsors I sent emails too, from the submission/replies I received had we taken the thoughts of all the workshops that replied the valve spring rule would have been an unopened engine for Fords on this site, most believed an engine wasn't cracked until you removed the head....each to there own, its all about going as quick as you can...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVS Super Pursuit
Well then that flies in the face of what the LS1 guys do - valve spring change only does not constitute opened in their eyes. Further to that it means the BA XR6T guys are disadvantaged over the BF XR6T guys (leaving conrods out of the equation for simplicity), as the BF springs are better than BA springs at a factory level.
XR6 Turbo Forums allow a valve spring change as unopened, as above it don't matter as long as you are happy anyone can call it what they like here...opened, unopened..

Last edited by SpoolMan; 28-04-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 29-04-2009, 01:15 AM   #79
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
.............most believed an engine wasn't cracked until you removed the head....each to there own, its all about going as quick as you can...
OMG!, that means cams and valvesprings!

Chris, please rush me my 2.75" pulley, 5.4L blower cams and valve spring upgrade kit, and we'll go for 25psi @ 7000rpm............

650rwkw on an uncracked engine :gren:

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2009, 01:37 AM   #80
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well if you need to change the springs to push the limits in to unforseen territory with a stock motor, so be it!

Cant deny it, but unopened and its definitions and the use of valve springs - its definately has been opened!

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2009, 09:21 AM   #81
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

So what about the BA XR6T guy, that through a combination of LOW boost and correct oil weight for preventing lifter pump runs a good number and has stock springs?

Is that called the "really truly honestly" unopened class??

Im hearing you Mark, but the above is a consideration. How and where does it get policed??

I was a staunch advocate of "opened is opened, unopened is unopened"....Theo, our main guy here asked me recently about this, and i showed him how to gain power in a BOSS 260 just by removing and refitting the rocker covers, a simple undetectable mod found about 8-10 rwkw in the middle.

So by opening the engine, i was able to make more grunt, although no parts were replaced.

Ratters car ran a genuine 11.76 uncracked - I could have removed the rocker covers, worked 5 mins of magic and seen the thing into the 11.6's, but then it would have been OPENED.

What makes it all the more impressive is that the car was in fact UNOPENED.

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #82
Tucool
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default New poll

Quote:
So what about the BA XR6T guy, that through a combination of LOW boost and correct oil weight for preventing lifter pump runs a good number and has stock springs?

Is that called the "really truly honestly" unopened class??

Im hearing you Mark, but the above is a consideration. How and where does it get policed??

I was a staunch advocate of "opened is opened, unopened is unopened"....Theo, our main guy here asked me recently about this, and i showed him how to gain power in a BOSS 260 just by removing and refitting the rocker covers, a simple undetectable mod found about 8-10 rwkw in the middle.

So by opening the engine, i was able to make more grunt, although no parts were replaced.

Ratters car ran a genuine 11.76 uncracked - I could have removed the rocker covers, worked 5 mins of magic and seen the thing into the 11.6's, but then it would have been OPENED.

What makes it all the more impressive is that the car was in fact UNOPENED.

I think this one deserves a poll to see what constitutes a unopened or opened
motor.... I think every person should get a vote on this, not just Tuners and sponsors..... I don't know how to set this poll up if someone could do this for me it would be appreciated.
Tucool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #83
03XR6T
Banned

Quote:

Fully agree with this statement
Old 29-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #84
SpoolMan

now that the opened unopened discussion has another thread please leave it out of this thread..

Last edited by SpoolMan; 29-04-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 29-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #85
03XR6T
Banned

So, what's the quickest F6 utilising stock internals (including valve springs)??
I believe Markvan ran a 10.96... Correct me if i am wrong?

Also, quickest F6 ute? Adrian (AKF6) has run a 11.22 on pump fuel & drag radials...
Old 29-04-2009, 10:01 PM   #86
SpoolMan

Quote:
I believe Markvan ran a 10.96... Correct me if i am wrong?

Markvan used Atomic Valve Springs..

03XR6T your auto and converter are they factory stock?

Old 30-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #87
03XR6T
Banned

Converter is dead stock & box has been strengthened after it started flaring 3rd - 4th.
What valve springs are in your F6 spoolman? I remember reading something about Crow Springs but not 100% on that?? Would love to hear some recommendations from different people as i will be upgrading shortly...
Old 30-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #88
SpoolMan

Quote:
Converter is dead stock & box has been strengthened after it started flaring 3rd - 4th.
What valve springs are in your F6 spoolman? I remember reading something about Crow Springs but not 100% on that?? Would love to hear some recommendations from different people as i will be upgrading shortly...
I was lucky with my auto never broke a part or flared after using trans max z, Mauz still has it as a spare.

Crow race springs with a molly retainer, Crow have them on ebay now for $660 including delivery this is a competitive price..
ebay Item number: 250415114956

Old 30-04-2009, 04:09 PM   #89
03XR6T
Banned

Great, thanks mate
Old 02-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #90
markvan
Starter Motor

Spoolman is correct I changed to Atomic Springs as the standard ones had enough around the high 300 rwkw mark. I am changing springs again to the Crows, have them sitting there waiting to go in.
markvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post