Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
Fi.ES.TA

Default wanna race

Man i've had the car just over a week,everyone wants to try it on and push for you to race lol it definatley must be a new car thing _

Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
Zetec Dave

Yeah I know I'm getting the same thing here but i'm just babying the car at the moment and enjoying the slow relaxed driving comapred to the POWER!!!! fasting driving that I usually do in my modded Polo Gti. He He He I must have ben ****ing people off for driving too slow but for some reason, the Fiesta is so smooth and delightful to drive that I fell no ned to drive fast at all and just wanna enjoy it for what it offers. I'm still surprised and happy with what it's got for the price. Sometimes it makes me asks the question, "why do we need to spend more on a car when a lovely car like the Fiesta does most things competantly? (with the exception of power).
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #3
Fi.ES.TA

Exactly dave,im baby'g my car also not took it over 100k and when they try it on i do the same and just sit on 100 with the music on just cruising,it is a delight to drive.

And yes for the money you can not go wrong with what it offers
Although that little mazda 2 in green is one popular car and i think people have definatley over looked the festa.The girl who sorted my insurance at suncorp said she wished she had bought the festa over the mazda 2.

The one thing im loving about it though is its not that popular so its still turning heads :eclipsee_
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, they certainly turn heads. People of all different social groups, ages, sizes, everyone seems to look at it. It's a bloody good feeling when you come back from shopping and there is a crowd looking at your car, all while there is a purple SS-V parked across the park! Very nice. Most people don't even attempt to drag me, even in their hotted up Hiluxs and Bombadores, they know the power of the Fiesta is far too much from them to behold!!!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 06:54 AM   #5
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get plenty of looks of desire at the car but no one wants to race, thankfully! because I woudl get owned by 90% of the cars out there:p
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #6
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
Get plenty of looks of desire at the car but no one wants to race, thankfully! because I woudl get owned by 90% of the cars out there:p
LOL, too true. 10 secs to 100kph aint exactly fast although it is a sharp little thing on the corners.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #7
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
LOL, too true. 10 secs to 100kph aint exactly fast although it is a sharp little thing on the corners.
True True. But I do like the fact that it turns heads not once but twice. Had one guy chase me down the other days to ask me how the car is to drive etc etc etc. Pretty funny i'd say. Kinda missing driving the car casue been busy doin night shifts for the past week and haven't even touched the car recently. Hmm go for a drive today. The blood weather doesn't help either so still haven't washed the car since delivery.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #8
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

True, true :sm_headba

Wifey loves driving vs the GTI partly because of that.

The car stands out in the crowd and the Vision, under carpark lights is a stunner.

A few cars have appeared to want to race us but seriously, as was said, most will beat it pretty easily.

Ours has certainly improved in the power area, nothing dramatic but noticeable.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post