Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-07-2005, 11:34 AM   #1
GraveDilute

Default AU Series 1 Door Cable

Hi,

Has anyone had to replace the cable from the door handle to the door lock before? The ball at the end of the cable which connects to the door handle has snapped off, so we are unable to get out of the passenger side door without winding down the window and opening from outside.

I took the door inner off yesterday to confirm my diagnosis, but couldn't work out how to remove the cable from the door handle side without having to take the mechanism off of the door inner. The piece where the cable slots in looks too narrow to be able to simply pull the cable out.

Any hints/ideas on how to get the cable out? Also, any hints on removing and installing the cable back into the lock side?
any idea on the price from the rip-off merchants at Ford? Or can I buy this cable aftermarket?

GraveDilute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2005, 06:04 PM   #2
au-steve
fully *** turboooo

will need the cable from ford, and i reckon you may have to drill out the rivits holding the handle (on the inside of the door), jus use some small screws to put it bak in.
Full comp insurance :nutsycuck
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2005, 10:23 PM   #3
GraveDilute

Thankx mate.
Also appreciate the advice on the clock the other week
Old 09-08-2005, 02:33 PM   #4
GraveDilute

Is there anyone who would be willing to give me a hand to do this on the weekend?
I live in Hoppers Crossing.
Just need a bit of help with the rivets, etc.

I can lay on a decent feed and home brews. Drop us a PM if you're interested.
Old 16-08-2005, 12:09 AM   #5
T2TL50
Proud Owner of a T 2TL50.

Default Door cable..

Have you had the door cable fixed yet?

i can help you out.. i have just completed 8 of these bastards!! LOL

from an us to a ba!!!

you shoul dbe able to put a scre back in there from ford.. give me a pm of you need help cheers

The T2 TL50!! Maybe You Will Own One, One Day!!
T2TL50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post