Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-10-2009, 11:26 PM   #61
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

It's been reported that 2011 Mustang GT (which feature 5.0L Coyote) will be getting launched in March 2010.

Therefore Job 1, production start up will have to happen in January 2010. Add 2mths to get them into Mustang and another 2 months at sea. May 2010 we get the new 5L Falcon XR8!!!

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #62
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
5.4 was never truck only, as shown by the GT500 and Cobra R.

6.2 is truck only, will not be used in passenger vehicles. Too big, too heavy, which won't fix the current Boss's handling problems.

Next years line up will be 5 litre only in NA and SC forms.
Never said truck only for the 5.4, just said that was it's original purpose. As for the 6.2, i know it will only be used in trucks, I was simply saying that it would be nice to have it in a passenger vehicle. I never wanted to imply the 6.2 being in a car as fact.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2009, 12:51 AM   #63
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
Never said truck only for the 5.4, just said that was it's original purpose. As for the 6.2, i know it will only be used in trucks, I was simply saying that it would be nice to have it in a passenger vehicle. I never wanted to imply the 6.2 being in a car as fact.
Ok, no problem.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2009, 01:11 AM   #64
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Probably becuase "back in the day" of EL Ford sold 95K Falcons a year, now they are luck to sell 30K!! People are not buying Falcons like they once use to!! A V8 in base XT model would be a complete watse of time, space & money in the year 2009 IMO!!
How many of those 95K sales were to fleets though? Quite a few i'd imagine. These days the fleet numbers are considerably lower, so even if theyre selling close to 1/3 the total numbers, private sales are nowhere near as down.

The base model V8 is dead because people stopped buying them. Most were specced up anyway, so manufacturers eventually caught on and brought out new models (such as the original SV8) to replace them.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2009, 01:43 AM   #65
SVD

Maybe ford should revive the Tickford Logo etc... and start having the XR8's/6's as being Tickford Vehicles so kinda special leave the real special cars to FPV and just have ford selling the small econo cars and base models etc...so you could say i have a Ford Tickford XR blah... i have a FPV blah i have a Ford Falcon and have a GS for the falcon so it gets an 8?
SVD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2009, 12:58 PM   #66
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
Your in a conversation and you say - "Oh hi I own a FPV F6-E". It just sounds absolutly stupid. Senator, Clubsport and GTS are all instantly recognisable names in comparison.
More or less stupid than I ride a Suzuki GSX-R 1000 instead of a Blackbird or Goldwing or Fireblade?

More or less stupid than I drive a Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo instead of a Boxter or EVO or Camry?

In 1969 no one in the Australia had ever heard of the weird new GTHO name but there were lots of people who instantly recognised Monaro, Kingswood, or even Brougham........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #67
jixel 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Probably becuase "back in the day" of EL Ford sold 95K Falcons a year, now they are luck to sell 30K!! People are not buying Falcons like they once use to!! A V8 in base XT model would be a complete watse of time, space & money in the year 2009 IMO!!
I agree here. I think the market for a "base" V8 is long gone, people in the market for a V8 arent going to want rubber mats, and delete the aircon...
Base model buyers are going to opt for the base engine too. Thats why the "base" SOHC engine was dropped. No market. Also, most of the XR8 utes I see have had 3 owners before 100K! (And usually a heap of rear tyres) so the tradie argument falls down a bit. They buy a V8 ute, put a mixer and some tools in it, it bottoms out and then tears off the exhaust on a worksite. A set of tyres evey 15K and most tradies I know flog em and get a Hilux or a stock six trayback. They look fat but theyre only good for a few burnouts and a heap of demerit points. If a young guy or girl working in a trade relies on his or her licence for an income, a V8 ute could(read IS) be a heartbreaker. Ford(not FPV) V8 utes are on borrowed time IMHO.
jixel 78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post