Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-02-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
rallyboy77
Starter Motor

Default No Fiestas!?

City Ford have no 3dr Zetec's in Black till May! Seems there is a shortage?

Also what price should I expect to pay? RRP is 20500 + rego/ctp/tax 1500 = 22k I get quoted $24k with a "we can work something out".

Cheers

rallyboy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I paid a bit more for mine than most, but I couldn't bargain as I was too happy and they knew I wanted the car but it was under $23,000, some have gotten five door models for $21,500 DA mate so they can definitely go lower. What State you in buddy?
Old 23-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
rallyboy77
Starter Motor

Hi there, I'm in NSW and had a chat to City Ford in Sydney. They are going to check if there are any other 3dr Zetecs around. I really want black which they have on a boat for arrival in May.

My EL is almost out of rego so I was hoping to sell it before that..

Jeremy
Old 23-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont let them tell you its on the boat... they did that to us and it took over 3 months....

ask for the ships name that the car is on, or a way to track the car via ssid number....

make sure they chuck in free floor mats and a full tank of fuel before you sign anything, and if they are serious about the date of arrival, get them to put it on the back part of the form you sign... that way if they are lieing to you, you can get your deposit back...
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 11:05 PM   #5
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
dont let them tell you its on the boat... they did that to us and it took over 3 months....

ask for the ships name that the car is on, or a way to track the car via ssid number....

make sure they chuck in free floor mats and a full tank of fuel before you sign anything, and if they are serious about the date of arrival, get them to put it on the back part of the form you sign... that way if they are lieing to you, you can get your deposit back...
Can't beat advice like that mate, you should be able to get a 3-Door for less than $22,000 no worries, and as Zetec says, make sure you get them to pinpoint a date on your contract so you can get your deposit back
Old 23-02-2010, 11:43 PM   #6
deejayvee
Starter Motor

I bought my 3 door zetec from City Ford Rockdale on December 30 and they gave me the "it's on a boat" story. Of course it wasn't but it actually is on a boat now - due to dock in Melbourne on Friday. Fingers crossed all goes well and I might get it by the end of next week.
deejayvee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #7
rallyboy77
Starter Motor

Thanks for the advice guys. I spoke to another dealer (Dominelli) and they confirm the 8 week wait, the cars are not on the boat yet but due to arrive mid May. There is two black zetec 3drs available to them.

Should I wait ? I noticed there was mention here of a facelift mid year as well..
Old 24-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #8
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Buy now mate. We won't get a facelift only the Mazda 2 does, our cars will come from Thailand mid year. While Thai built cars are very good these days, and it will make the car cheaper or have more standard kit, I think the Thai model will loose some of the cool spec and there will be some model changes. Fiesta is due for a Facelift in mid 2011.
Old 27-02-2010, 12:21 AM   #9
rallyboy77
Starter Motor

Well my g/f decided that she doesn't want black at all, but vision (light blue). So we found one and bargained them down to 21990 with mats and a bonnet protector (it will be regularly driven between syd and canberra).

Picking it up tomorrow!

:
Old 27-02-2010, 01:11 PM   #10
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WOOP! Post up some piccies when you get a change man.