Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 27-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #151
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go Lewis, who said Poms were boring wingers.....
Old 27-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #152
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy
Its a burnout . Done by a professional driver . Would you book jimi hendrix for busking in the street.
So what??
Your point is what??
He broke the law, end of story. GET OVER IT
A public road is a public road.... and your im-mature jumping up and down condoning people breaking the law really doesnt get you far in life.

A few years ago a professional Australian drag racer was doing burnouts at a charity event (in the USA) and killed several people.... Oh.. sorry but that is different?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 27-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #153
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Its a burnout . Done by a professional driver . Would you book jimi hendrix for busking in the street.
That's a rediculous analogy...

Old 27-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #154
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

I would of loved to see this, its not everyday you see a F1 driver give an AMG a bit.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 27-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #155
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Lotsa rediculas people out there.... some even drive Fords

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 27-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #156
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
So what??
Your point is what??
He broke the law, end of story. GET OVER IT
A public road is a public road.... and your im-mature jumping up and down condoning people breaking the law really doesnt get you far in life.

A few years ago a professional Australian drag racer was doing burnouts at a charity event (in the USA) and killed several people.... Oh.. sorry but that is different?

I know he broke the law . Chopper reed broke the law ned kelly broke the law there national hero's. Lewis hamilton does a burnout and people are suggesting he should be banned from racing and deported . He should of gotten sorry lewis but we dont do that here in australia now move along.
Life is not just about being uptight and politicly correct.
Old 27-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #157
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No different to the ones you commonly spin

I bet more people have been injured or killed at concerts then professional driver doing a fishtail
Old 27-03-2010, 04:25 PM   #158
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

He did it car was impounded life goes on.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 27-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #159
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
No different to the ones you commonly spin

I bet more people have been injured or killed at concerts then professional driver doing a fishtail
lol

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 27-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #160
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's not the point, on a track a professional race driver knows what direction everyone is going in, they know there wont be any pedestrians walking in front of you, they know what the other cars around them are going to do, its a controlled environment.
The public roads are a totally different thing, a professional race driver does not know what every other driver or pedestrian is thinking or doing and can get caught out just as easily as you or i...

The also must obey the road rules like you or i, they are also setting examples as role models.....

How or why he should get special treatment beyond anyone else is beyond me....

Old 27-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #161
b2tf
not here much anymore

Just wondering if I should write down the usernames of everybody who has said it is embarrasing for Australia, is a joke etc, then compare them to those who whenever the next thread about something similar comes up respond with "yu deserve it, do the crime do the time" etc.

You idiots - he deserves what he gets. He is a bloody race driver - he is PAID to drive as fast as he wants yet he can't control himself to do it off the street.And you think it's embarrassing for Australia. If thats how you feel, jump on the plane home with him.
Old 27-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #162
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
I know he broke the law . Chopper reed broke the law ned kelly broke the law there national hero's. Lewis hamilton does a burnout and people are suggesting he should be banned from racing and deported . He should of gotten sorry lewis but we dont do that here in australia now move along.
Life is not just about being uptight and politicly correct.

Mate, I think you need to chill a bit, maybe read the thread again. Not too many people have said he needs to be banned from racing (if any) and same for deported. Most that are against his actions have simply said he got what he deserved and it is time to accept it and move on. I might also add that those people have said they do not believe that Australia should be embarrassed for enforcing their laws on people that should know better than to think they are above them.
Old 27-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #163
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's not the point, on a track a professional race driver knows what direction everyone is going in, they know there wont be any pedestrians walking in front of you, they know what the other cars around them are going to do, its a controlled environment.
The public roads are a totally different thing, a professional race driver does not know what every other driver or pedestrian is thinking or doing and can get caught out just as easily as you or i...

The also must obey the road rules like you or i, they are also setting examples as role models.....

How or why he should get special treatment beyond anyone else is beyond me....
I agree with your point. But there is still the possibility there was no other drivers or pedestrians around and lewis hamilton would know where his car is going and he would not of been thinking it going to the impound lot .

When President Obama comes to australia do we expect the police to book him for disrupting the flow of traffic or let it go cause he is special.
As your suggesting a law is a law and there should be no special priveledges
Old 27-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #164
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Mate, I think you need to chill a bit, maybe read the thread again. Not too many people have said he needs to be banned from racing (if any) and same for deported. Most that are against his actions have simply said he got what he deserved and it is time to accept it and move on. I might also add that those people have said they do not believe that Australia should be embarrassed for enforcing their laws on people that should know better than to think they are above them.

No i was not reffering to here but on the major newpaper sites . Im just annoyed this is how we treat a major superstar when in other countries he would of been applaued for putting on a show and how grateful they would be for him doing it.
Old 27-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #165
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I agree with your point. But there is still the possibility there was no other drivers or pedestrians around and lewis hamilton would know where his car is going and he would not of been thinking it going to the impound lot .

When President Obama comes to australia do we expect the police to book him for disrupting the flow of traffic or let it go cause he is special.
As your suggesting a law a law and there should be no special priveledges
Unless you were there you cant possibly know exactly what he did, how many people were present or what potential danger he was placing others in......
Stop making excuses..

Just accept the umpires decision and move on....

Old 27-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #166
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
No i was not reffering to here but on the major newpaper sites . Im just annoyed this is how we treat a major superstar when in other countries he would of been applaued for putting on a show and how grateful they would be for him doing it.
What, like he was in France?
Old 27-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #167
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Just wondering if I should write down the usernames of everybody who has said it is embarrasing for Australia, is a joke etc, then compare them to those who whenever the next thread about something similar comes up respond with "yu deserve it, do the crime do the time" etc.

You idiots - he deserves what he gets. He is a bloody race driver - he is PAID to drive as fast as he wants yet he can't control himself to do it off the street.And you think it's embarrassing for Australia. If thats how you feel, jump on the plane home with him.
Amen to that
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 27-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #168
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What, like he was in France?
200kph a hour is different to a 15kph fistail . An it was not the specticle it has been made out to be here.
Old 27-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #169
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:

As your suggesting a law is a law and there should be no special priveledges
Do you think there may be some authorised road closures instead of just going out on a cruise at a whim? Perhaps ANZAC day parade need to be stopped according to your reasoning, it disrupts traffic.

Perhaps if Lewis did the right thing, applied for road closure, had safety barriers and other mechanisms in place, he could do all the burnouts he likes and be treated as somone special. He did not, therefore he pays the price. Perhaps all the bogans around the world do not like this but I am sure the responsible and mature people see that a country has a right to enforce its laws on all who enter it.
Old 27-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #170
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf

:

My sentiments 30 odds posts back, but some members choose not to acknowledge the fact that what he did was against Victorian and many other states road rules. He got caught and accepted the punishment and admitted that what he did was wrong.

maybe the people that think that Victoria is a nanny state etc should pack their bags up and go live in China and see what a REAL nanny state is like.

Grow up people and take a long hard look at yourselves, the only people making australia look bad are you dipsticks carrying on.

: :
Old 27-03-2010, 04:55 PM   #171
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think after 6 pages of utter moronic posts by some members that it is time that the mods closed this thread
Old 27-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #172
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Police intercepted a 25-year-old Swiss resident and racing driver in relation to a driving incident near the Albert Park Race Circuit about 9.15 pm on Friday.

Police said the driver of a 2010 model, silver, Mercedes sedan came out of Lakeside Drive and was turning into Fitzroy Street when the vehicle lost traction and it fishtailed.

Police intercepted the vehicle and spoke to the driver in relation to the incident.

The man will be charged on summons with improper use of a motor vehicle.

The vehicle was impounded for 48 hours and removed from the scene.

The driver then returned to his hotel in the CBD area.

At the time of the incident there was a male passenger in the car not a racing driver.

Police also spoke with witnesses at the scene in relation to the matter
From Vicpol media release. It was not a little chirpy, he turned off traction control, spun it up enough to get it fishtailing, hardly responsible driving in an area of high pedestrian traffic.

By the way, regardless of what the media says, I am sure the cops know what a fishtail is.
Old 27-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #173
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Do you think there may be some authorised road closures instead of just going out on a cruise at a whim? Perhaps ANZAC day parade need to be stopped according to your reasoning, it disrupts traffic.

Perhaps if Lewis did the right thing, applied for road closure, had safety barriers and other mechanisms in place, he could do all the burnouts he likes and be treated as somone special. He did not, therefore he pays the price. Perhaps all the bogans around the world do not like this but I am sure the responsible and mature people see that a country has a right to enforce its laws on all who enter it.

You got me i may have been clutching at straws
Old 27-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #174
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The G6ET Spot
:

My sentiments 30 odds posts back, but some members choose not to acknowledge the fact that what he did was against Victorian and many other states road rules. He got caught and accepted the punishment and admitted that what he did was wrong.

maybe the people that think that Victoria is a nanny state etc should pack their bags up and go live in China and see what a REAL nanny state is like.

Grow up people and take a long hard look at yourselves, the only people making australia look bad are you dipsticks carrying on.

: :
I never said he did not brake the law . An if you dont think were heading down the same path as china think again.
Old 27-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #175
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

This thread is just going around in circles. Accept the decision and move on. Everyone does something stupid at some point in their life. Even F1 drivers on the street do stupid things, if this is the worse that happens to him well he isnt doing too bad.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Closed Thread