Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

Default Privacy glass and tinting

We have a new car (Subaru Liberty 2.5L Sports) that has privacy glass. We would like it to be much darker and so I rang a few places today and they all said if there is privacy glass any tint would make it impossible to see through. So does anyone have expertise in tinting who can advise me, the car actually is my mothers, approaching 70 and she wants it “dark like a gangster car” to use her works. Mind you she is also not happy that she was unable able to get a decent spoiler for it as she said the ones Subaru make are too small......

Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

I have tinting over my privacy glass on the IS300, no issues with night/day vision what so ever, and you can just tell its darker than the fronts, did 5% on the rear of my GS300 lexus and that was ok... but a lil bit to dark at night.

T35 tint over privacy glass is easy to see out of/gives you the darkness you want and I have had no hassles with law or insurance on any of my cars.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

thanks thats just what I was looking for, the 'gangsta' mother will be happy
Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2010, 08:29 PM   #4
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

mine is the meteorite grey IS300.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2010, 12:23 AM   #5
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

when i had my tint shop i fitted 35vlt tint to a few new wagons with privacy glass and the customers were very happy with it.

gave a bit more of a darker look , added UV protection and heat rejection but didnt make a big difference to inside -> outside visabillity.

by tinting the front doors it will also cut out the light inside the car making the rear glass look darker. add a dark sun strip across the top of windscreen for more effect.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Depends how dark it is.. If its like the new Territory then it will be illegal with anymore added.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post