yes please 92 78.63%
no way hozay 25 21.37%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #31
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
The Falcon Coupe is a bit like the XR series Wagon..

Its one of those topics where "everyone" wants one but when it comes to the hard cold crunch virtually nobody would actually buy one...
I WOULD!

ahhaha
But thats only one person!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #32
Ducati888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The X6? After the Porche Cayenne, the X6 would have to be one of the most hideously ugly cars on the road. It's like BMW are testing the public to see how ugly their cars need to get before people stop buying them.

Ford tried that in reverse with the EL change to AU.

I'd prefer to see Ford invest in decent marketing and a much better & supportive dealer networks rather than throw away $100M on a coupe that looks like a sedan, especially since they can't bolster Australian losses with export cars like Holden & Toyota do.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #33
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

You have to be kidding, the X6 is awesome.

Anyway, we dont need a Aus Ford coupe, we just need One Ford to hurry the hell up and get the Mustang down here! The base GT with coyote would be enough for me! No leather, no fancy BS, give me a live axle and make it a manual!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #34
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Personally I think Ford would have a better chance of making and selling a V8 Territory than an FG coupe.

Although here's something to consider and discuss - the buyer demographic of such a car (an FG coupe) would be substantially different to the hardtops of the 1970's, no? I'm thinking of those people with substantial disposable incomes - particularly those from the resources sector. This sort of vehicle would appeal to them however would the capital outlay in developing such a vehicle be realised in sales?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 01:08 PM   #35
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey If people want a coupe just buy the sedan and lock the read doors permanently....

Or buy a ute with a hard cover!

Old 04-05-2010, 01:19 PM   #36
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Whilst I think the traditional 2 coupe is cool It has almost No show of production.

A 5 door hatch, in the style of an A5 audi has a wider appeal.

And V8 Territory even more so.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:58 PM   #37
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie
I WOULD!

ahhaha
But thats only one person!!!
a coupe wouldn't have 7 seats would it
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 08:36 PM   #38
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Personally I think Ford would have a better chance of making and selling a V8 Territory than an FG coupe.

Although here's something to consider and discuss - the buyer demographic of such a car (an FG coupe) would be substantially different to the hardtops of the 1970's, no? I'm thinking of those people with substantial disposable incomes - particularly those from the resources sector. This sort of vehicle would appeal to them however would the capital outlay in developing such a vehicle be realised in sales?
Do you mean the GRWD?
The answer to the question lies with decisions Ford HQ will make with respects to GRWD.

GRWD would primarily be for Lincoln to go it with the Euros and Lexus, etc. It may even be AWD compatible. It's also a possibility a 2 door version would be available, also to compete with the above mentioned.
If this happens we may get the same with a Falcon top-hat. Or maybe just rebadge. So, I would never say never to a coupe.

Come back in approximately 7 years time and ask the question. In the meantime get married, have a few kids!

But. There's Mustang. We'll get it. (Whether Mustang will be based off this or not is unknown, but irrelevant at this stage.) Also, come back in 2015 to see this mass produced in RHD. By then they would have phased out the V8, polyal.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #39
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey If people want a coupe just buy the sedan and lock the read doors permanently....

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #40
Dodge
i like to be stroked

i think if they made a coupe it would sell, look at the market sellers, bmw , merc clk , volvo , audi , all have family sized cars with 2 doors only
ford needs to spend its profits , create new jobs, and make a few old ford drivers happy, the 4 door gt still looks like a taxi with stickers to me....just kiding
Old 04-05-2010, 10:56 PM   #41
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge
i think if they made a coupe it would sell, look at the market sellers, bmw , merc clk , volvo , audi , all have family sized cars with 2 doors only
a car that is considered by many to be both beautiful and tough - was available in 2 gt versions and one with fancy paintwork - virtually had everything that a car enthusiast could want only sold 22,000 over 7 years. i am not sure how many were sold of the four door, but there were many more
if the coupe was such a sales problem back in the 70's, how on earth will it sell the required numbers in this politically correct, speed limited time
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #42
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge
ford needs to spend its profits , create new jobs, and make a few old ford drivers happy, the 4 door gt still looks like a taxi with stickers to me....just kiding
I'm sure glad you aren't running Ford...
Old 04-05-2010, 11:48 PM   #43
boris

I loved the xc coupe, but I love the mustang and would be real happy to have one if they would only bring them downunder for a good price.
boris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 12:34 AM   #44
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't we already have these things?

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #45
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile

Quote:
Its one of those topics where "everyone" wants one but when it comes to the hard cold crunch virtually nobody would actually buy one...
That's the whole point of a 'hero' car. you want it, you can't afford it, so you buy an XR instead.

I don't see why FPV couldn't build a small number of coupes. i mean, they are a 'boutique' manufacturer. doing specialty cars is the name of their business.

Quote:
I did, I did! fwiw, i'd buy a coupe before a sedan.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #46
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
The Falcon Coupe is a bit like the XR series Wagon..

Spot on...

Fairmont Ghia Wagon
Panel Van
Mustang!!!!!!!

Luckily Ford learnt from what people didn't buy before, and also learnt not to listen to the non buying masses now!!

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #47
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh man the coupe thing is becoming as bad as the GTHO thing on here. If ford built it as I have said before everybody would drool and wait to buy one secondhand keeping resale values high, and Ford will make SFA on it just like what happened with the monaro every man and his dog wanted one but they all chose to wait to get one secondhand to save $ this decision killed the monaro. And furthermore it is annoying that many people still rolling around in E series falcons ask for this and that from Ford asif the current offerings aren't a big enough step from their current E series car

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 02:17 PM   #48
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

If a locally built Coupe had a viable business case, Holden would still be manufacturing Monaros.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #49
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark351
If a locally built Coupe had a viable business case, Holden would still be manufacturing Monaros.
And even with a some what affordable Supercharged CV6, no one wanted one. A locally built coupe just isn't needed.

Unless, you change your game plan, produce a high powered 2 door off the Mondeo XR5 base. Make it AWD, lower, ride and handle better and go a hell of a lot faster upping the 2.5l turbo from 162 kW to close to 200 kW ( considering the 09 Impreza WRX has 198 kW ) And of course make it look heaps better. And try to insert it into the same arena as the entry level Rex, Supra and Skyline.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #50
Dodge
i like to be stroked

zetec. ford has not taken car of the year for many reasons, , . i recall many people calling the xy gt ho another gt with a sway bar , that was 25 yrs ago , i would just like a car that in 20 yrs time still gives me a boner