Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 14-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
Zetec Dave

Default Thinking of getting another fez?

Hey guys, its been a long time since my last post. Anyways, after much enjoyment with the wife's Fez despite its little niggles, I must confess, I want one for myself too especially after seeing a sexy white 3dr parked on chapel street sth yarra a week ago (not to mention value for money). Just waned to ask if there are many here who has one with pics??? I'm thinking of either white or maybe silver again but definately with the 17" factory wheel upgrade as I haven't seen anything else I like so far. Anybody know when the 6 speed auto is coming out for the 1.6ltr motor? Your suggestions and pics are much appreciated. Cheers

Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The white 3-Door is sexy, hence why I bought it. Still umming and arring over the factory 17" rims myself, I love them, but I don't love the price. Hopefully the tax man is nice and that's what I'll do with that! I'll post pictures up a little later, can't upload on this thing. The Thai Fiesta was supposed to be launched this month, with the six speed DSG, but it's been delayed. Not sure why, but Ford say it will be here this year, not sure if that helps though. What I can say is the Fiesta is planned to have a facelift next year, this I know for certain. It will feature a fair bit, and will include some nifty new features and finally get a version of SYNC. My suggestion, wait, but this won't be laucnhed in Australia till mid to late next year. ST version will launch next year too, not sure if it'll come to Australia however.

I thought you were over the Fiesta, last time I looked at your post you were over the Fiesta and were trading it on a new VW?
Old 15-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
Zetec Dave

Yeah I know, what can I say? After having so many reliability issues and problems with my current polo gti, I'm over the VW brand. So far the fez has been completely trouble free hence the thought of a another one.
Old 16-06-2010, 12:15 AM   #4
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought you were completely over the fiesta too...

Dont rely on Ford Oz to tell you anything thats truthful. They told me that Oz would never have the Fiesta Diesel.

Going by what Danny says, it'd be a decent wait before you can get the DSG model so depends on how long your willing to wait to get it...
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 01:59 AM   #5
Zetec Dave

Well, just visited a ford dealer on my way to shopping and was told there's only 1 3 dr white fez coming in around september and no earlier. *Sigh*
Funny thing is, wifey looked perplexed and stumped about the idea of having 2 fez's in our driveway. Yeah I suppose it does kinda sound like dejavu or the old times when we had 2 honda Jazz's of the same silver colour for a period of 6 months.
Anyway, wifey saw and pointed our the xr5 and said that's an idea. Hmm...what do you guys think? Suppose it kinda looks like a grown up brawnier version (i.e. bigger with more gruntier balls?). LOL...
Old 17-06-2010, 03:04 AM   #6
charleystnt
2010 Zetec 5 door squeeza

It is only money and they keep printing the stuff, I love the fiesta having just got out of a 95 E280 mercedes, but there are lots of great cars out there, take the wife to an Aston Martin dealer a see if she is up for one of those lol. With speed cameras and the price of fuel etc stick to the fiesta and pimp her up at low cost.
Old 17-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #7
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I tossed and turned between the XR5 and Fiesta too, but the Fiesta was cheaper, and to be honest, a better vehicle. A brand new Focus will launch next year too
Old 17-06-2010, 11:13 PM   #8
GEZZA ZETEC

I too was debateing over the xr5 turbo and the fiesta zetec..

Fiesta won!!!
GEZZA ZETEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #9
trento
Audiophile

here's a pic of my silver CL with aftermarket 17's

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4731424...02574/sizes/l/

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #10
trento
Audiophile

Just for you I took some more photo's of my fez... hope you like

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47314240@N02/4711413476/

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2010, 10:48 PM   #11
GEZZA ZETEC

Looks sweet with them rims on
GEZZA ZETEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #12
Zetec Dave

Hey thanks for the pics. Looks sweet. Had a chat with wifey about another fiesta or focus xr5 and at this stage it might be the focus but she wants to see How it drives first.