Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-09-2005, 10:43 AM   #61
spoonage
Long Member

What are the tolerences like in QLD? I was going 115 or so in a 110 and some Landcruiser was on the side of the road with police markings. Didn't have a 'Speed camera operating' sign though. And I'm from ACT so I didn't twig that a Landcruiser would be a speed trap. How long to QLD take to send fines through?
Old 15-09-2005, 12:00 PM   #62
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonage
What are the tolerences like in QLD? I was going 115 or so in a 110 and some Landcruiser was on the side of the road with police markings. Didn't have a 'Speed camera operating' sign though. And I'm from ACT so I didn't twig that a Landcruiser would be a speed trap. How long to QLD take to send fines through?
Mate it takes about 2 to 4 weeks for them to send out fines,also up here cops have black (no markings) svu's on speed camera ops, you have got to keep your eyes open etc...
Hardtopxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 12:02 PM   #63
spoonage
Long Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtopxb
Mate it takes about 2 to 4 weeks for them to send out fines,also up here cops have black (no markings) svu's on speed camera ops, you have got to keep your eyes open etc...
SVU's? What type of vehicles are they? How common are speed cameras within the north Brisbane suburbs? Paranoid now :P I was wondering why noone sped in QLD.
Old 15-09-2005, 12:29 PM   #64
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
Done it!! Because they are just lowly scum, they don't have the right to make you move either. :yeees: The guy was just about to set up when he asked me if I would move.. "Ummmm no" and continued to hassle me for ages. I didn't budge. Eventually he moved off. Sucker. :
I always wanted to try that, thats great

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 12:30 PM   #65
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_smith_84
depends on the colour of the badge coming my way. another sort of fun thing to do is when u see 1, speed up to it then just as u get close put ur brakes on and get back down to the limit - i have to much spare time i think
hey your not that strange..I do it too!

If its a P plater commodore the is not a hope in hell I would...but I try and help other fords where I can.

Immature yes, but I know so many spastics driving commys that should not have there licence. :newangel:
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 12:35 PM   #66
Mrs347stroker
Banned

I flash people everytime (my headlights that is). I always appreciate it when people flash their headlights at me. I suppose one good deed deserves another!!
Mrs347stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 01:10 PM   #67
ShallowCrossing
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
I've been pulled up for flashing (my lights, you perverts). What you MUST say is "I was testing the operation of my lights, officer." This is perfectly legal, and you are entitled to do it on public roads.
Not in Victoria it ain't! You just have to be careful no to flash your high-beams. There's no law against flashing low beams. It's a funny one though because everyone is saying they flash people to slow them down, but if we see people screaming past us, we think they're idiots for speeding and deserve to be caught.

Imagine if the guy you flashed slowed down only to speed up again once past the camera and went on to cause a serious collision. Just because you wanted to be "friendly" or whatever the reasons are. And why is this the only time people want to extend any sort of courtesy on the road to lawbreakers? Think of how some people react to getting cut off, another minor offence in the scheme of things. Do we all just flash our lights and wave our hands like flashing police lights to them?
ShallowCrossing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 01:48 PM   #68
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonage
SVU's? What type of vehicles are they? How common are speed cameras within the north Brisbane suburbs? Paranoid now :P I was wondering why noone sped in QLD.
I mean in townsville,SVU"s? Landcruisers,Mitsubishi pajero etc. no kidding..
Hardtopxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 04:29 PM   #69
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallowCrossing
Not in Victoria it ain't! You just have to be careful no to flash your high-beams. There's no law against flashing low beams.
This I'd like to see, flashing headlights using the standard fitted unit only flashes high beam.
Old 15-09-2005, 04:32 PM   #70
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtopxb
I mean in townsville,SVU"s? Landcruisers,Mitsubishi pajero etc. no kidding..
ROFL. I think you mean 'SUV' (Sports Utility Vehicle). Only Seppo's call them that, here in the real world we call 'em 4WD's.
Old 15-09-2005, 05:11 PM   #71
ShallowCrossing
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waggajag
This I'd like to see, flashing headlights using the standard fitted unit only flashes high beam.
Try the on/off switch for your headlights really quickly and it will be just like a flash... :
ShallowCrossing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 05:24 PM   #72
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallowCrossing
Try the on/off switch for your headlights really quickly and it will be just like a flash... :
Hahahaaa.. wait wait! let me write that down! On... then Off.... then...?? :P

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 05:56 PM   #73
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Its Illegal in WA to operate High Beam in built up area. They went on a rampage a while back to get people. There is nothing wrong with turning your headlights on and off on low beam though.
I flash, you might as well try to slow hte fast ones down, but once they are past the camera they are off again.
The most revenue is from the second camera 200m down the road (Gotcha)
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 06:12 PM   #74
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, Camera Operators in WA are tricky bastards, especially on Kwinana Fwy

Soooo many times I see a multanova on the other side of one of the bridges, then the next bridge there is a bike/hwy grunt with a handheld just drooling over the car accelerating from 90 to 150...

And I have seen kids on Shepperton holding upa sign saying speed camera ahead. It was so awesome everyone that went past was cheering and honking horns and like that.

Multanova's are the scourge of WA roads. Operators I don't have a problem with they're just doing their job
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 06:24 PM   #75
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Agree with ya there Clontarf.
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 06:49 PM   #76
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Bindi wrote: "I do not flash my lights anymore out of principle. If they wanna speed and get done by the cops, it's not my issue. They are the ones driving like idiots and could be the ones that cause the next accident through reckless endangerment".

Bindi - clarify could you what is 'safe speed', and then explain at what point does this 'safe speed' become 'un-safe'.

And then explain the relevance between unsafe speed and the posted or default applicable speed limit.

superpursuit83: Can you guide me to the relevant WA legislation that prohibits high-beam use outright in a built-up area, thanks.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #77
Panda
XR6 and XR8 Club of QLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
...clarify could you what is 'safe speed'...
This is a safe speed....Panda
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hidden Valley - Panda's Speedo (small).JPG (42.0 KB, 80 views)
Old 15-09-2005, 07:09 PM   #78
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Looks like a sig I sometimes use. "If you drive fast enough, you're past the accident before it happens!"
Old 15-09-2005, 07:54 PM   #79
XLS99 Ute man
Who Loves Mountain Women

ofcoarse...it would be un-australian not to flash your fellow brothers of the road..

XLS Falcon Ute
Full Sick 2.5 Inch -> To Double 3 Inch Tips Exhaust Sports System
18 Inch Bling Bling Rims
Altezza Tail Bling Bling Lights
Kenwood Head Deck + Amps + Bling Bling Sub
Bright Orange BLING BLING Fordforums.com Sticker

OOoooohh Yeah! Bling Bling
XLS99 Ute man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 08:15 PM   #80
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I generally check the traffic first. If it is a "sik-uleh" in a wrx or one of those cars that goes "pshhhhh" when they change gear, or a ricer that has been dropped and is fitted with a fart cannon; I'll never flash them. VL's or P platers I include in this rule.

Basically anything that has a level of SIKNESS; then I never flash em.
I think that's probably why so few flash in NSW, there are so many stereotypes that we hate.

If it looks like just a normal car or a nice ford, truck, van or basically anything that a non SIK (Stupid Inbred Kid) person would drive, then I'll always flash them.

Actually the other day on the Boulevarde in Strathfield I saw a motorcycle cop with a lidar gun in the 40Kph school area. He stopped a 30ish woman that I forgot to flash in a big lexus 4wd. I meant to flash her beforehand but at the time felt so conflicted.

Quote: