Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Wheels August 2010 - yep, ANOTHER Wheels Mag thread.

Righto a bit of a disclaimer first up, if you don't like Wheels Magazine BUGGER OFF. Not a thread to whinge or complain about them, just some info early as I generally get the latest issue earlier than the shelf.

First up - yes that is a VE on the front cover and the info inside outlines a few new highlights (if thats what you can call them) for the VE range.
In point form:

* VE Omega gets a new mesh for the front end, chrome outlined grille and redesigned clear headlights as opposed to the black ones they have now. Wider front air intake.

* Lion badge on the front moves up and indents into the bonnet strip - no word on whether it's bigger but it's Holden so you would think it probably is. New headlights, wider 'trapezoidal' air intake/foglight recess on the front end.
Interior wise Calais gets a new interior stack that is apparently specific to the luxo models - air vents now higher, screen is a touch screen with sat nav that will be above the current satin 'strip' that is part of the dash now.

* SS interior gets air vents that now poke out and above the line of the dash, touch screen and a larger 'bin' in the centre console.
Exterior wise the SS gets a bigger front grille which is apparently similar to Coupe60. Different foglights and a wider lower grille too.

* The HSV Grange hasn't escaped the fluoro light treatment and now cops the running lights like the rest of the range and the big news is that the Grange now gets the GTS 325kw motor.

* FPV gets a mention but it is using pictures of an Seduce GT which we have seen on here before with Allan Moffatt next to it. No word on power figures or any other info.

* Territory also has some spy pics in there and they mention it had the unmistakable sound of a DIESEL engine. Engine is listed a 2.7L TD producing 150kw/450nm and should be on sale Q1 2011. Territory gets a 'nose job' and new taillights and also a new split tailgate are mentioned.

Last part is that there is a very good article on the 1969 BOSS 302 Mustang in the rear of the mag. Is a good read.

Old 16-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting, im so glad that the Commodore is getting the chrome headlights. Im sorry, but I hate the black surround headlights on VEs, BAs, BFs, and FGs. It makes the front of the car so 'dull' looking, the headlights should be like eyes - nice and bright like on the G6E Turbo.

Very suprised the Grange gets updated styling, I would of thought with its low volume it wouldnt be worth the tooling.

Cant wait for the diesel Territory, have a feeling its going to be the next big thing with horse owners and grey nomads.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Interesting, im so glad that the Commodore is getting the chrome headlights. Im sorry, but I hate the black surround headlights on VEs, BAs, BFs, and FGs. It makes the front of the car so 'dull' looking, the headlights should be like eyes - nice and bright like on the G6E Turbo.

Very suprised the Grange gets updated styling, I would of thought with its low volume it wouldnt be worth the tooling.

Cant wait for the diesel Territory, have a feeling its going to be the next big thing with horse owners and grey nomads.
I know it is a subjective thing, but I have to disagree with you Re the chrome headlights Brazen. To me they just look granny spec where as the blacked out ones look a little more sporting to me.

That facelifted Grange is just
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2010, 12:20 AM   #4
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

the chrome headlight look will make them look like a taxi.
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

Yeah my partners BA Futura has the Chrome Headlight bezel, I prefer the look of the blacked out XT lights
Old 18-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
I know it is a subjective thing, but I have to disagree with you Re the chrome headlights Brazen. To me they just look granny spec where as the blacked out ones look a little more sporting to me.
i think ford must agree as well. in b series, xt gets black, futura and fairmont get chrome and then back to black for ghia.

i also think black looks better.

+1 for chrome = grandpa spec.

havent really taken much notice of the fg's.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Chrome headlight bezels belong on Toyota Avalons, not Commodores or Falcons!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #8
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Cannot beleive they ruined the Grange with DRL's, GTS donk is a good thing though
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post