Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-09-2010, 11:46 PM   #31
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you need to take the bottom seat out to undo the anchor point for the seat belt, its either a bolt or a torx bit, then to get the mech out, u need to pop the plastic trim off and the mech is actually behind that, its either a bolt or a torx bit agian

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2010, 12:22 AM   #32
wagonwheels
Starter Motor

I just need to get to the mech bit as i want to try and silicon or wd 40 it. Will i have to remove the seat to get the trim off.
Thanks
wagonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2010, 09:20 AM   #33
whiskers
gone fishing

if your seat belt is not retracting properly try pulling it out all the way then give it a good wash let it dry and see what happens then if you still have the same problem then take it out.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:33 AM   #34
whiskers
gone fishing

try looking here as well wagonwheels http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ght=seat+belts

just a tip for you mate before posting up here, do a search on your problem first then if you have no luck at finding the info ask and put down you symptoms and people will get back to you fairly quickly

cheers
Old 10-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #35
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so you dont want to take the actuall mech out of the car all you want to do is clean it, ah now i see

in that case, the seat dosent have to come out, just pop the plastic trim off and bobs ya uncle the mech is there bolted to the pillar

cheers

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2010, 03:31 PM   #36
whiskers
gone fishing

not unless it is actually stuffed
Old 10-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #37
wagonwheels
Starter Motor

Thanks whiskers i did search seat belts but that thread didnt show up. I have a mechanic mate doing it on the weekend, i know i would break clips i reckon. Though a hint from me the wreckers did not have any au rear belts, but surprise surprise eb to el are the same klipan seat belt number so $33 and a nice el belt ready to fit.
Cheers
wagonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post