Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Old car rego NSW.

I'm considering buying a 53 model car. Restored and runs. Has chasis and engine num and was regoed in WA at some point. Is pretty original other than some extra exterior lighting for safety.
Would like to get it registered fully so im assuming just need the sales receipt, blue slip and a visit to the RTA?
Anything else to know in this situation? I'm out of town and am limited in what I can research on my phone.
Cheers, Jason.

Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

you should not need the sales receipt but you will definitely need a blue slip, I can recommend JC autos in hillsdale (near maroubra) they issue blue slips and are quite fair the owner john has restored quite a few classics himself too.

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes he needs the sales receipt as proof of ownership. you'll also need green slip (3rd party insurance). you also need proof of identity, there's a lot of this info on RTA's website.
Old 21-01-2011, 01:50 AM   #4
JaguarDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
yes he needs the sales receipt as proof of ownership.
not only ownership but also to value it for those lovely tax/transfer fees......
JaguarDave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

ive registered a few old cars where rego had been lapsed for years and they never wanted the sales receipt that was a while back though, you should have the receipt/contract of sale for your records anyway.

For the stamp duty value you fill that out yourself on the rego app form 3% of whatever you put down.

My latest experience was with a 3 year old car i just brought which had ACT rego they were not interested in the signed act transfer form just the rego app, green slip and the blue slip.

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #6
JaguarDave

This is the policy as it applies to NSW, other states have their own laws and policies -

When processing an application to register an unregistered vehicle the RTA officer is required to sight and take a copy of a document or documents that demonstrates "PORE" or proof of registration entitlement. The document/s must satisfy him/her as to your right to have the vehicle registered in your name. The document might be a receipt detailing the car and purchaser, a legal transfer of ownership document, a will or probate document etc and the document must have enough details on it to positively identify it as matching that vehicle to which the blue slip aplies.

The processing officer is required to attest to sighting the original of this document (this is then recorded on the computer system) and is also required to take a photocopy of the document to place in the bundle of documents that form the vehicle's registration record to be sent to the repository. An RTA officer who fails to carry out this document check with due diligence when processing a new registration renders himself liable to a possible accusation of corruption (for obvious reasons).
JaguarDave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2011, 12:53 AM   #7
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
yes he needs the sales receipt as proof of ownership.
But there's nothing to say WHO wrote the receipt
Old 22-01-2011, 01:06 AM   #8
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have you considered club rego?? If you arent going to use it as an everyday driver.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post