Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #31
stang65
FPRJET

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_esp
a daewoo by any other name is still a piece of cr?p, dont care what engine is in it.
I cant beleive how many people are happy to by these captivas and cruzes because they have a lion glued to the front. Yet no one in their right mind would have bought one if they still had daewoo badges on them. crazey times.
The name Daewoo is or is going to be replaced i think in march by General Motors.
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #32
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
Better but why are they using the old Astra radio and screen on the lower spec?

Because the 5 is designed by Opel..parts bin special
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #33
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
Just to clarify, i beleive ford service has room for improvement, I was actually supporting Ford in my statement saying Holden isn`t any better.
I was agreeing with you
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #34
stang65
FPRJET

True.
Old 17-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #35
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by McobraR
Imo, it's more modern looking than the new Territory.
It has the style which modern cars are going for nowadays, i.e. more angular shoulder line, raised bonnet, design wise there's just more happening with the Captiva. I wouldn't be surprised if it outsells the Terri, which in my eyes, just looks like it got a front-end treatment, with a new set of rear lights.
funny you say the terri is just "front-end treatment, with a new set of rear lights", would in gods names do you think the Captiva update is???? It is exactly the same think!!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #36
McobraR
me may my mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
funny you say the terri is just "front-end treatment, with a new set of rear lights", would in gods names do you think the Captiva update is???? It is exactly the same think!!!
Was referring to the overall design, but I guess i said wrongly (my bad). I guess the original Captiva WAS released after the Terri, eitherway, between the 2, I can see the Captiva attracting more average joe customers based on the overall aesthetics alone.
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #37
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote mk3
So does this mean Holden are trying to become more like Toyota? Making cars that lack inspiration, but because of this there is less to dislike about it - therefore be bought by more people.
Holden-Daewoo models will still be sold based on price I think, where Toyota sell on the perception of quality. I think you'll find Ford is starting to make their cars less individual too, one of the few downsides to the 'One Ford' initiative is they have to try and please as many people as possible without alienating anyone. See the MKIII Focus.
Old 17-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #38
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Holden is doing something very smart to make them selfs look good in a sales list..

The have a Captiva 5 & Captiva 7 which are 2 very very different cars in 2 different sales classifications. But they call them both Captiva & therefore get added together & the number all of a sudden looks better for Captiva.. Same thing with the new Spark, they put a Barina in front & now it gets counts as a Barina & not a spark, making the barina number look better when it too is a very very different car to the spark..

Games I tell you!!
No, it's not the same thing as Spark because both Captivas are on the same Theta platform,
it's just that the 5 is designed for Europe and 7 is designed for North American market.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #39
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
The name Daewoo is or is going to be replaced i think in march by General Motors.
I thought I heard the name Chevrolet but that could be other markets...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #40
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

I like it, looks good imo.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #41
Coyote mk3
Clutch Cable Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Holden-Daewoo models will still be sold based on price I think, where Toyota sell on the perception of quality. I think you'll find Ford is starting to make their cars less individual too, one of the few downsides to the 'One Ford' initiative is they have to try and please as many people as possible without alienating anyone. See the MKIII Focus.
True,
I was just thinking back to when I was in an Aurion and noticed everything is actually quite easy to locate and use. But it seriously lacks any style.
HID projectors, lowered on King SL and Koni Shocks.

Daily - 2002 AUIII SR
Stock as she comes.

Coyote's EL XR6

^^Click Me^^

15.132@ 91.51 MPH

Photos by Me https://www.facebook.com/PhotosByMatthewWylie
Coyote mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 02:22 AM   #42
stang65
FPRJET

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
I thought I heard the name Chevrolet but that could be other markets...

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-20029101-48.html

Sort of right the daewoo logo will be replaced with the chev logo, The company will be known as GM KOREA.

General Motors won't be selling cars in South Korea under the Daewoo label, the automaker announced today. The Daewoo logo will be replaced by the Chevrolet name and signature bow-tie logo. The company name, GM Daewoo, will also be changed to GM Korea Co., the company said in a statement.

"This important new brand strategy is designed to strengthen our commitment to the Korean market, recognizing it as one of the strongest-performing countries within GM's global operations. We are well positioned to bring one of the world's iconic brands to Korea," said Mike Arcamone, President and CEO of GM Daewoo. "We cannot afford to sit still, and instead, choose to make a bold move with the launch of Chevrolet in Korea."

The Daewoo company was founded in 1967; its motor division was sold to GM in 2002. GM has 17,000 employees in South Korea, and its goal is to bring the company out of the shadow of much bigger rivals Hyundai Motor Co. and Kia Motors Corp. in the years to come.

"This new growth opportunity will allow us to compete in brand-new segments and offer our customers more choices than ever before, resulting in a strong future for our company, our employees and our sales agents," said Arcamone.

The name change was sparked by market research and should be completed by March 2011. The company also plans a new product lineup with the introduction of eight new models carrying the Chevrolet name. The Chevrolet Camaro, Chevrolet Orlando, the Chevrolet Aveo global small car, a new SUV, and a new midsize sedan will be included in the lineup.
Old 18-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #43
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
No, it's not the same thing as Spark because both Captivas are on the same Theta platform,
it's just that the 5 is designed for Europe and 7 is designed for North American market.
people dont buy platforms... After all, the new foucs will have 10 (or some) different top hats. Should they all be called Focus??
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #44
almostsane

Captiva 7 dash
[/QUOTE]

is it just me, or does the screen look like its a pokie machine? where is the arm so i can spin me a winner?!?